Phantom FC40 Transmitter Extender

Unless you have changed it, the FC40 transmitter that controls the quad works on 5.8 ghz. That appears to be 2.4 only so it will not work. If you changed your transmitter and receiver to work on 2.4 then it most likely would interfere with your wifi extender.

The Banggood people in China will sell you anything as they said it would work but, thought i would post this 1st to double check with people.

est way to extend your transmitter range is to just add a better antenna to the transmitter.

by adding a connector for a screw on antenna and using just a cheap made in china 6DBi ommi directional antenna I'm able to get out to about .9 miles or about 1400meters. and when using a small 11 Dbi directional panel antenna I have had it 1.3 miles away with out losing signal. Tho i forgot to set the max flight radius from the default 2000m and when I was at about 2100 meters in atti mode and flipped it in to gps mode it flew back to the 2000m area. and you have to stay pointed towards the phantom because the directional antenna has a narrow beam. But some one else using the same antenna set up and duel batterys has gone 1. 7 miles. But i dont want to risk that sort of distance on a single battery set up and not have enought juice to make it back.
I also prefer the 6 dbi ommi directional cause it gives me control in a circle without having to make sure Im facing the phantom the entire time.

cheers for that will give it a go once i get my flytrex working on it as i loose site of it after a few hundred meters

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik