Phantom fc40 problems

Reaction score
Hi I've just sign up and very happy let me get straight to what's been going on my mate got a fc40 so have I mines been customise with loads of extras and flys lovely .
My problem is I'm trying to help my mate
For some reason when we go to fly the fc4o TX then insert battery
Wait for connections to GPRS this is what happens
Yellow red yellow red yellow fast green then back to yellow I can't seem to lock it in to GPRS set up for him it's been working fine I've even put my compass on it no difference I've opeing it up to check around every think looks good TGE GPRS board I had a look but didn't remove the screw as I was tired and it was late night last for me on it I'm very confuse on why
? Any ideas I've calibrated it in NAZA but still nothing I'm sure the transmitter playing up my friend told me to bind mind to it but I don't want to mine had the extended range and guys lovely I know he wants me to just to see if then connects in GPRS mode could some please give me advice or has this happen to you many thanks happy flying :)

The closest light sequence is similar to IMU abnormal data. Have you calibrated it in the NAZAM assistant? When you have done this, carry out a compass calibration.

Pete

Hi Pete and thank you ever so much for the reply....
I've only done compass settings and the sticks check for him .
I'll have to give that ago in the morning time it's ever so strange because , he was flying with me a couple days no problem but this has started to Anoy him and I've told him do not fly it in no. GPRS mode it's not worth it !!!! I'll have to have a look at what you mean tho I'n NAZA as I've not play around with mine before :)
By the way this had happen Pete since he updated the firmware yes it's set to D-bus not pps:(

Hi Carlo,

Its always handy to learn how to fly in Atti mode. (Switch 1 in middle position) because if you lose GPS mode or have a flyaway, Atti mode will help you regain control of your aircraft.

My aircraft is set to D-bus and it works okay.

Pete

Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Hi yes I agree I have tried to fly in normal mode I'm pretty good as I do have a syma so I had no choice to learn I will have to give it ago on laptop for him I'm looking for a YouTube video just to see how it's done the set up not having any luck yet on a phantom 1 :(
I have a question
Say for some unknown reason the copstor RTH DIDNT COME Down where it took off and carry on flying past you reguardess if it had low power do you switch the TX BACK ON and hold the THROOTLE UP stick TO GAIN MANUAL MODE it's never happen but I'm wanting know

Hello Carlo,

I never switch off my transmitter. The reason, rightly or wrongly, is because if the transmitter is switched off and the aircraft GPS system fails at the same time, then the aircraft is not under ANY control. The aircraft will flyaway or crash under these circumstances.

Anyway, you don’t need to switch off the transmitter. If you have RTH (Return to home) set on the Naza software that is good enough to return the aircraft to home and then switch 2 to GPS and land normally. I always keep the aircraft under my control.

RTH will not land the aircraft. It will only return to a position near you so that you can take control and land it normally under your control either in GPS or Atti mode.

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYYVyRVGE-8

I have been flying for many years and the above works for me.

I must mention that when you see the red flashing indicating 1st battery warning, land immediately. You will not have much time before the aircraft lands on its own.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Another thing springs to mine I took the back off the phatom Tramitter tonght I notice there is plug on the board but if I connected it to laptop I get no response but the phantom will what's is that ?
It don't connect to computer but phantom does
I'll turn mine on that's safer I'm doing it now on computer my mates phantom will see if it works

Hi Pete I've just notice in NAZA the switches for GPRS only move to atti
Watch his video his move to all 3 by using the top right switch this one don't

I've just found the problem the switch is faulty instead of when you move down to atti then GPRS I push forward even tho the switch count go any more and GPRS on NAZA works plus holding it in garden the green light will stay green with blinks I'll be posting a new video for fc40 users very shortly I'm very happy I knew I'd fine the problem

Hi Carlo,

Can you check in the Naza assistant under Advanced - IOC - Intelligent Orientation Control. Beside the Intelligent Orientation control is a tick box. Put a tick in the box while connected to the FC40. Then check to see if switch 1 works.

For the transmitter you have to download DJI Product\RC System Assistant_1.1. That is for the transmitter only.

Pete

Thank you Pete as well for your help
. Hope it's helps others :) :)
That switch Pete do know if maplans have one on there web site I'm not the greatest search finder

Lol thanks Pete no No no
England uk
Northants :)
I'm looking at the RTH
SO if I switch the failswitch down out of GPRS this will activate RTH Is that correct ? Just like you would switch TX off like I have been doing but I'm taken a note out of your book as you never know could fail ( my tracker will be here very soon )
So say if that does work I can switch back up to GPRS to take control ? With out touching the TX on /off :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik