PHANTOM FC 40. Interesting.

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 2,000
Well, one thing sure is interesting: DJI is really committed to lead the charge head-first into all-digital transmission for FPV.

So DJI went to Staples and took advantage of Black Friday and bought a ton of those piece of junk kodak pocket cameras, slapped an FPV system to it, and are calling it an FC 40. What is FC (Effing Cheap) and $40 is probably their cost on the fantastic great new camera.

I am speaking about the FC-40 camera alone...potentially on a V1 Ph. Clearly the whole FC-40 bird is the FC-40 camera on a V2...which only magfifies what I am going to say below.

The camera, and non-stabilized gimbal, AND (I think by reading the specs) transmitter comes to 40 gms!!! Compare that to 190 GMS for a Zenmuse+GPH3B....MINUS the transmitter, or 280 gms for EVERY OTHER 2D gimbal + GPH3B....MINUS the transmitter. That is a HUGE weight savings = flight time gain....almost 2 - 3 minutes.....AND you get decent but not pro quality or stabilized video, GOOD quality stills, workable FPV....AND it is all backfeed wifi controlled by your iOS device.....AND you don't have to buy the Tx/Rx/monitor FPV combo = $$ savings.

I think DJI looked at what was out there and at the need, identified a BIG hole between the full on, UNCONTROLLED, HEAVY gimbal/GPH3B/FPV setup and a lightweight FPV set WITHOUT camera or control.....and filled the hole.

I think, as an alternative when I just want to recreationally fly, have FPV, and maybe still get a picture or non-pro-quality video here or there...with a light bird and long flight times....IT IS BRILLIANT! Hoping the camera is offered alone soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers