Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Fails to Connect to Computer - Possible Fix

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by Luckydrew, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Luckydrew

Jul 26, 2015
    As a newbie, I was experiencing the ongoing frustration of my computer repeatedly telling me to connect to the Phantom.

After having read many discussions that said "try another machine; different usb cable; light some candles; etc", and having installed and re-installed and re-re-installed all the software, I was at my wits end.

By luck I stumbled upon my solution that maybe someone else can use.

When the DJI driver install executes, it creates a program file in your programs directory:
    <drive>:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64.

In this directory was an executable DPInst.exe. (I presume if you are running 32 bit you use the source32 sub-directory).

For whatever reason, on my computer, the install on the download wouldn't execute this file. Closing everything else and executing this file directly finally installed the driver and everything connected.

I was able to calibrate the sricks, switch between Phantom/Naza modes, and calibrate my gimbal. I was so happy I think I had a little pee-pee cough.

Maybe it was just me, but if someone else can use this too, the temptation to resort to percussive maintenance may be lessened.

2. CajunPhantom

Jun 22, 2015
    Thanks for posting, Luckydrew. That's what these forums are for. Hope you get some great footage and many miles out of your new toys. I have the same setup with an FPV and I've really enjoyed my first month with this drone (and H4Silver). Glad I chose this route over the Vision models. No regrets, even though I may have spent a little more.