Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom & DX8

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by boogieman, Oct 4, 2013.

1. boogieman

Two weeks ago I had my Phantom receiver replaced with Spektrum AR8000 to work with my Dx8. Everything is great but wanted to hook it back up to my pc and recalibrate everything as I try to do every few weeks. I only have one question when it is hooked up to the Naza software what type of controller do I select? Anything else I need to watch out for or select correctly? Im running 3.16 and just want to make sure I dont mess anything up. Any tips or whatever you could give me would be much appreciated!!!!

2. rilot

Controller type should be Traditional when using the AR8000

3. boogieman

Thanks just wanted to make sure and didnt mess up anything. Is there anything else I need to watch out for?

4. rilot

Nothing that's unique to the AR8000. Assuming you installed it correctly.
    The complicated bit with the DX8 AR8000 is setting up failsafes and the transmitter mixes.

5. boogieman

That was all setup correctly and I have tested the return to home with the switch that was set. Also took it a bit further and flew it about 200 feet away and turned off the controller and it came right back. Let assume for example I was to have to for some reason rebind my dx8 to the phantom is the failsafe of loosing signal from the dx8 stored in the phantom or the dx?