Phantom dropped from sky? Battery cell?

Reaction score
I looked at the log and on this flight the P4 had the original battery in it, maybe charged 40 times. It looks to like to me either IMU went bad ? Battery cell? Took pretty severe damage to P4 . I used full throttle in sport mode and did not intentionally change speds.

Please see flight log.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Well that sucks. You did have some abnormal battery cell readings and a motor obstructed message came up (motor fault or loose prop?). What is more concerning is the drop of multiple satellites to zero and negative IMU readings. Assuming you weren't cruising amongst those trees, I'd be thinking hardware failure of either the IMU or compass. If it's under warranty, I'd be sending it back for consideration.

Reactions: jsposito
Yeah, it does suck. I walked a half mile thru woods and i used the find my drone feature. I have contacted new egg who in turn will contact DJI. Here we go......

I thought the prop was obstructed as it crashed which would make sense I'll have to check again. I did a pre flight check on the props too. Had the usual tiny play to them.

Reactions: tevek
Yeah, it does suck. I walked a half mile thru woods and i used the find my drone feature. I have contacted new egg who in turn will contact DJI. Here we go......
Wel good luck with getting satisfaction, hope to hear a happy ending with your claim. In my humble opinion, there is nothing that sticks out in your log regarding operator error. Were all the props on the drone when you found her?

Two props were broke, one arm was bent for a prop was cracked open. I wished I had my prop guard on. When I found it the p4 was on the ground upside down. Perhaps prop guard would not have worked but they saved my butt before.

and thanks for the well wishes..

I'm so sorry
That's really sucks because it's not your fault it clearly is a hardware failure
Maybe time to upgrade to a p4 pro that is what I will do

I was going to, but the P4 PRO still holding it;s value at $1499, never did come down in price but it's only been a month. But thanks...you just never know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl