Phantom drifts to the right

Reaction score
Hey all

Please help.

Today had a flight. P3A.
I noticed that even though i am pushing only right stick forward, the drone drifts to right a little bit. I cant blame it on the wind, cause there was none.

But i also noticed that this radar thing (see attachment, picture is taken from google) is also tilted a bit.

90716e09d3bb7c7e73244db54270989a.jpg

IMU cali is done. Cold one. On a level surface.
Compass cali as well. But it ends up doing it.

How else can i fix it?

Here is the flight log.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks

Last edited:
i was thinking same - re-link the RC and then calibrate the sticks. Also, are you flying in ATTI mode, or GPS mode?

any chance you wanna post the actual flight log from your tablet so the folks here can start to digest data? CSVView is a great tool to visualize how things are working in the data, this may help. GPS mode should fly straight unless its 30+mph winds!

I see. Makes sense. But when checking in DJI Go the log doesn't show that RC is pushing to the right. And how about ilted radar?

Here

be9e2e6ba078753a60d1d255babb7f8d.jpg
Thinking out loud, so to speak.. If DJI Go thinks its going straight, even when it's skewed, position is done by GPS, attitude (yaw) is done by compass. Have you calibrated the device compass? Just a thought. I'd think it may be one or both compasses.. I've had skew flying that a compass cal sorted out.

I recently had this problem as well. I did a re-calibration on the RC and it seems to have really helped it.

Radar white arrow should be on top pointing down else you have tab issue.

RC stick calibration should help you out. Try to calibrate compass on your tab too. That doesn't affect flights but gets you comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If it is drifting in GPS, it will drift randomly.
If it is continually moving at a low rate in GPS then add another one to the 'cal RC controller' tally.

A slight input of Right Roll will override the GPS 'hold' feature as the craft is actually being commanded to move to the right.

any chance you wanna post the actual flight log from your tablet so the folks here can start to digest data? CSVView is a great tool to visualize how things are working in the data, this may help. GPS mode should fly straight unless its 30+mph winds!
Here it is!

It wasn't windy at all. Tiny bit.

I'll try calibrating everything here.
But the tilted radar, -what does that mean?

PS i did a flight now. everything seemed fine. radar wasnt tilted either. it was a short flight but i think there was no drifting either.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-10_[15-52-38].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
Don't do all your planned changes, cals, etc. at once... if you can.

Then you'll know which one made the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen