Phantom DRAMA! Learn from my stupidity!

Doono said:
Seiko1 said:
I've had mine a year and still get the shakes when I put it in danger.... which is every time I fly :lol:
Have you seen some of the Youtube footage where they lose control and the Phantom ends up above the clouds ???
Now that would be scary !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8aR5qp-5g4
Kamikaze :D great name for a Phantom Pilot :lol: You should use that!
I ride a ZX14 too.... so I really don't want to be a Kamikaze ! :lol:

XL-Studios said:
flyNfrank said:
I love the shoes.

You must be pretty new with this to panic with percentage of battery you had left. When I RTH I shut the controller off until it's around 100ft. This helps save a ton of battery life on the remote controller.

Also, my V+ in v3.0 descends between 10-14mph in higher altitude, and then around 6mph from 500ft and below.
I had no previous experience of what happens in RTH when <20% and so high up. The controller battery was not my worry at all. I was more worried about total engine shutdown or such. And I did not realize that she was already home. Taught she was still some 300 meters away. (My misstake not to look more closely at telemetry)

Don't you know what your house looks like or where you took off? Why would you not know you were home?

quadcopter said:
XL-Studios said:
flyNfrank said:
I love the shoes.

You must be pretty new with this to panic with percentage of battery you had left. When I RTH I shut the controller off until it's around 100ft. This helps save a ton of battery life on the remote controller.

Also, my V+ in v3.0 descends between 10-14mph in higher altitude, and then around 6mph from 500ft and below.
I had no previous experience of what happens in RTH when <20% and so high up. The controller battery was not my worry at all. I was more worried about total engine shutdown or such. And I did not realize that she was already home. Taught she was still some 300 meters away. (My misstake not to look more closely at telemetry)

Don't you know what your house looks like or where you took off? Why would you not know you were home?
Sure I know. I just not realize it was right above. I taught it was somewhere over the big field in front of my house. Now when I look the video it´s clear it´s right above but the FPV somehow confuted me.

Don't you know what your house looks like or where you took off? Why would you not know you were home?[/quote]
Sure I know. I just not realize it was right above. I taught it was somewhere over the big field in front of my house. Now when I look the video it´s clear it´s right above but the FPV somehow confuted me.[/quote]

He'll realise it can be difficult to get orientation once he's FPVd at distance. :)

Awesome video and thanks for reminder. Note - when using RTH swith to atti mode not GPS to gain control. Switch to Atti mode, give it a couple of secs, then switch to GPS.

EMCSQUAR said:
Awesome video and thanks for reminder. Note - when using RTH swith to atti mode not GPS to gain control. Switch to Atti mode, give it a couple of secs, then switch to GPS.
Thank you for the great tip!

Doono said:
Sure I know. I just not realize it was right above. I taught it was somewhere over the big field in front of my house. Now when I look the video it´s clear it´s right above but the FPV somehow confuted me.[/quote]

He'll realise it can be difficult to get orientation once he's FPVd at distance. :)[/quote]

LOL, I have trouble getting orientation when I fly FPV close!

Sjasam.. Obviously you left home in you cart. Were you following your drone to extend distance or had you started out to find where you thought it might come down? Thanks for sharing....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj