Phantom Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadMitch88 said:
Dirty Bird said:
(It IS illegal to fly in most public parks)
Hmm, show me even ONE law stating this, nitwit !! :twisted:
They may not be common, but such ordinances do exist. One such ordinance was discussed here just a couple of months ago:

Seattle Municipal Code
18.12.265 Motorized models.

It is unlawful to operate any motorized model aircraft or motorized model watercraft in any park except at places set apart by the Superintendent for such purposes or as authorized by a permit from the Superintendent.

Ord. 113436 § 17, 1987.

MadMitch88 said:
OMG, you can't be this pea-brained, right? Yeah it's easier to see the LED's at night but what about all the obstacles like tall trees, cell towers, power lines, etc at night? Last time I checked, power lines dont glow in the dark, nimrod !!

Tool - I can see fine at night. There are lots of lights down there, and its my neighborhood where I have flown dozens of times before. There are no power lines, cell towers, trees, or buildings here above 125'. I can fly in any direction to maximum range at >125' and never touch a thing. Someday you might muster the courage to remove your training wheels?

MadMitch88 said:
Maybe I need to contact Pasadena Police about your activities, eh? I've already downloaded your YouTube videos to my hard drive as evidence so don't think deleting them will get you off the hook.

Did you honestly just threaten to call the police? Really??? When you call, tell the police the remains of the tree were donated to the Laurel Job Corp. Its all stacked up behind their Rec building. You should inquire into the possibility of dispatching CSI to recover some tree DNA.... :roll:

MadMitch88 said:
LOL, yeah sure it's illegal to fly a quad in public parks. Nice of you to make up fictitous laws, huh? Just like all those other delusions you got in that pea brain about "it's safer flying at night" and "it's totally cool to cut down trees on somebody else's property without permission", eh? :twisted:

You really are quite the tool. I never said it was safer to fly at night. I said it was no more risky and easier to maintain a visual. It is illegal to fly in many public parks. Flying is currently off-limits in ALL National parks, and many states have imposed restrictions on local parks as well. Locally it is illegal to fly in ANY public park. In the "Free State" you can't operate an electric toy car or boat in a public park! Too dangerous...especially at night! Dandelions & shrubs don't glow in the dark, ya know! I imagine these laws were written by your tool-ish brethren... ;)

MadMitch88 said:
ONLY when you are flying in a familiar area where you already know there arent cell towers and buildings to crash into!

Familiar area? Would that be like when you are flying from your house...in the area you have flown dozens of times before?

MadMitch88 said:
Every time I go to a new park to fly my bird in the daytime, I do a 360 visual inspection of the landscape and carefully note all cell towers, water towers, power lines, and buildings that I could potentially fly into. That is what's called being a "situationally aware" Phantom pilot. I havent had any crashes yet. Now if I try to attempt that same process at night in a new area, I am FLYING BLIND. There is no night vision on a Phantom --- you will crash into power lines and cell towers because you're flying blind as a bat.

Listen up Professor Tool, I don't much care if you file a flight plan with the ARDDPFA, research satellite imagery before lifting off from the park, and get cleared by your Coleco ATC simulator. Maybe you favor flying in parks because you have an affinity for videoing little kids for your collection? Perhaps you are an arrogant, ****-retentive, dicktard, overcompensating for a receding hairline and failure to launch in the bedroom? Could be you simply lack people skills? Most of us aren't blind as a bat, have the common sense to use an altimeter, & realize there aren't cell towers hundreds of feet in the air. Live within your own limitations, stick to your daytime flights in the park, and don't forget the Midol....

Dirty Bird said:
You really are quite the tool. I never said it was safer to fly at night. I said it was no more risky and easier to maintain a visual. It is illegal to fly in many public parks. Flying is currently off-limits in ALL National parks, and many states have imposed restrictions on local parks as well. Locally it is illegal to fly in ANY public park. In the "Free State" you can't operate an electric toy car or boat in a public park! Too dangerous...especially at night! Dandelions & shrubs don't glow in the dark, ya know! I imagine these laws were written by your tool-ish brethren... ;)

LOL --- this nitwit calls me a "tool" and yet he is the one bragging about cutting down a majestic tree on property that DOES NOT belong to him and WITHOUT permission! Now that is the purest definition of "tool" I've ever seen on a discussion board.

Any way you slice it, being a "tool" is somebody who thinks they can just make up their own rules when it comes to flying a Phantom. Only a real "tool" thinks it's OK to fly long-range at night when it's blatantly obvious that it's more reckless and risky. And you have to be some kind of tool supreme to think you can sneakily trespass on someone else's property at night deciding which tree you need to cut down to retrieve your downed bird. Funny, but I don't seem to notice anywhere in the DJI Owner Manual about getting carte blanche permission to cut down any tree you want in order to get a Phantom back? Please elaborate which page of the manual gives you that permission.

You need to change your profile name to "**** Bird". Seems to be more appropriate for the attitude you have towards this hobby!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hasn't all the useful/interesting information been posted in this thread? Maybe the mods would consider locking it since it has devolved into nothing more than back and forth name calling?

Actually the tree wasn't majestic at all. Rather runty...a puny leaner in a forest of man-trees. Much like yourself, Mitch, so I certainly understand your empathy for a kindred spirit. It was broad daylight when the tree was felled. No sneaking involved. Further, as pointed out the tree is in an area set for development and nearly ALL of them will be gone soon. I don't much care if you like it, Mitch. Stick to filming kids in the park, and leave the real flying to better pilots.. I understand a group of first graders are on a field trip to the park today so that should be right up your alley. Bloviating and trying to stress your superior intellect won't compensate for your issues in the bedroom.. Have a nice day!

Dirty Bird said:
Actually the tree wasn't majestic at all. Rather runty...a puny leaner in a forest of man-trees. Much like yourself, Mitch, so I certainly understand your empathy for a kindred spirit. It was broad daylight when the tree was felled. No sneaking involved. Further, as pointed out the tree is in an area set for development and nearly ALL of them will be gone soon. I don't much care if you like it, Mitch. Stick to filming kids in the park, and leave the real flying to better pilots.. I understand a group of first graders are on a field trip to the park today so that should be right up your alley. Bloviating and trying to stress your superior intellect won't compensate for your issues in the bedroom.. Have a nice day!

I hate to resort to name-calling but I was raised to be blunt and call a spade a spade when I see it !!

Doesn't matter how much you want to sugar-coat it --- you can NEVER justify cutting down a tree on somebody else's property without permission. I learned this lesson the hard way myself when I was a rambunctious teenager in the 80s and would cut down trees in the woods near my house in order to build a campsite that me and my buddies could enjoy in the summer. One day, the owner of the woods property caught me red-handed and I had to go to district court with my parents and pay a $200 fine for trespassing and vandalism! My Daddy also grounded me for a month so I couldnt see my friends! It sucked a lot of *** but it taught me a lesson about property rights and respecting Mother Nature. That tree you chopped down probably was home to many birds and squirrels that called it home and raised families in those branches. Let's not forget that trees absorb CO2 and that's certainly helping out the global warming problem a lot more than your electricity-hungry Phantom.

We're all in here trying to promote our hobby as a fun sport that earns the respect of the general public, of which many have a negative view of drones to begin with. You could do your part by admitting your mistake in cutting down the tree and promising to never do it again unless you obtain permission. We'll see if you have the guts to do that, or maybe you just want to keep being a sneaky little punk with your flying toy. Your move, Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub