Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom decided to fly backwards at full speed...

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by IceFireSoul, Oct 23, 2013.

1. IceFireSoul

My phantom has gone crazy lately.

After one accident when it lost control above me and hovered into a building; then last weekend lost control again; hovered, then shoot straight backwards at full speed into a forest, almost lost it 500 meters away from where I was.

Today, same story - was flying, although a bit unbalanced it seemed, and at one point (i think when it lost GPS); shoot backwards again, had to manually crash it into the pavement so not to hit someone.

Now it's still not broken, but apparently crazy... can't fly it, nor do I know how to fix..

2. miskatonic

Recalibrate the NAZA, Re-calibrate the compass. Read the manual.

3. IceFireSoul

I recalibrated the Naza. And the controller. Actually, it shows that everything is OK when I connect it to the NAZA software. And I have read the manual.

It did three fly-aways almost back to back, after flying fine for months.

Something is wrong. What could it be?

4. brad90631

have you restricted the distance and height the phantom will travel? What version firmware are you running?

5. Driffill

Tie some fishing line etc to one of the legs of the phantom and try recording a video of the phantom just taking off and hovering in place. Have you emailed dji about it?

I'd pedantically look for damage on the GPS/compass modules and cables, or perhaps replace them both and see if it acts any differently

6. IceFireSoul

After only updating the firmware to it's latest version, same phantom is now (for now) flying GREAT.