phantom crashes while descending..

Reaction score
Friends, my Phantom goes out of control and can'nt stop it any more, on the way back down to my arms! Not sure L/R is working coz of panic I get at the moments.. It damaged a couple of props, so, I fly on grass fields to get less hurts in case..
got a couple of guys helping me to save crashing bird with gloves and helmets!!
A help line advised me to send them for upgrading, while I wonder why can't I do it myself? Any idea of the remedy, or the correct software to upgrade?
Shahab

" Gloves, and Helmets! " I gotta see some footage of this! PLEASE!
No, seriously,
Have you ever done any calibrations on the phantom? Either through RC assistant ( for radio ) and PC ASSISTANT ( for radio and bird? )
We need a little more information, post is pretty vague.
Things like:
What version p2v ( have you upgraded it )
What radio ( have you calibrated it )
What batteries ( original or aftermarket )
Where flying ( close to power lines, open field, water ect )
Have you calibrated compass
Are you using prop guards
Does this happen EVERY time you fly, or only now and again?
The more info you can provide, the better we can help you.
( please do not feel like I'm being mean, im only trying to help get you flying again, we just need more info to PROPERLY assist you )

Most important:
Have you downloaded the assistant software, drivers, ect?

Please let us know, and sorry to hear about your issue, it can make a fun day of flying, more like a horrible nightmare! We are here to help, if we can! Keep us informed.

Your friend,
J Dot

Friends, my Phantom goes out of control and can'nt stop it any more, on the way back down to my arms!
The obvious first question is do you know and understand what vortex ring state is? Do you understand what causes it? What it looks like and how to avoid it as well as how to stop it or fly out of it once you're in it?

If that answer to any of those questions is no then I wouldn't do anything else until you can answer yes to all of them. Lots of info on here and lots of videos about it on youtube.

If you're sure that VRS is not the problem you're having then we'll have to dig deeper to figure out what's going on. But I think VRS is far and away the most common cause of out of control conditions while coming down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues