Phantom connection

Reaction score
In a missing phantom situation can the phone connect to the wifi with out the bird being in the area?

Had the phantom malfunction and crash but I can not find where it is. I can connect to the phantom wifi but says connection broken when I go to camera. Why can I connect? is it just connecting to the wifi extender?

It does almost sound like you have connection to the extender until it runs out of power, but the phantom is disabled or *elsewhere* :eek:

The find my phantom feature should show the last location where both parts were in one piece.
It can be a little unreliable though as it depends on good GPS at that time.

unfortunately the find my phantom shows where I flew a few days ago.

I have been driving around in farmers fields looking for it. It will maintain a connection to the wifi when in the area, but no location or data. Out of the area my phone will not find the wifi connection. So it must be doing a partial connection. It will show the home position where I took off from. I was flying in fog I was trying to go straight up to see how high the fog was. Then it started to drop on its own. It looked to be trying to correct and was flying all over the place. I did have video connection but no control. Once it was about 100m elevation I could hear the drone in the direction of the wind. Then lost connection. I have been driving around in circles.

In the event of gps signal loss will it just try to land and drift with the wind?

When I leave the area, I can not maintain a connection. When I return I am able to connect to the phantom Wifi. So it must be doing a partial connection. No data, no video, no location, only connection. Any ideas how to hone in on her?

Found her! Can someone explain how I could be getting a connection with the main battery out?

How I found it.
I disconnected the wifi extender antennas so the range is drastically shortened. Then using trial and error drove around. Driving away and toward the signal, playing the hot hot cold game. vola there she was, camera, battery and unit spread out in a line.

Damage report
The camera is broke off, but looks to be in good shape. Wiring harness connections look good
two blades broken.
Battery removed and smashed up. looks to be junk.
The multi rotor will need a new body. Have not opened her up yet.

Any suggestions how to determine the issue? Can the log be read with the data logger now?
I guess repair and test

I often take of from the roof of my vehicle. Being metal, when taking off it always says calibration required and goes away as soon as in the air. Never had an issue before but possibly changed the compass reading somehow. But why would it fly erratic and lose control as well. Basically straight down from 200m hmmmm

Ride said:
Found her! Can someone explain how I could be getting a connection with the main battery out?

How I found it.
I disconnected the wifi extender antennas so the range is drastically shortened. Then using trial and error drove around. Driving away and toward the signal, playing the hot hot cold game. vola there she was, camera, battery and unit spread out in a line.

Damage report
The camera is broke off, but looks to be in good shape. Wiring harness connections look good
two blades broken.
Battery removed and smashed up. looks to be junk.
The multi rotor will need a new body. Have not opened her up yet.

Any suggestions how to determine the issue? Can the log be read with the data logger now?
I guess repair and test

I often take of from the roof of my vehicle. Being metal, when taking off it always says calibration required and goes away as soon as in the air. Never had an issue before but possibly changed the compass reading somehow. But why would it fly erratic and lose control as well. Basically straight down from 200m hmmmm

Boy Thank God you are blessed..! It was destined

Hmm, no idea how you were getting a signal. Good job finding it, though!

But regarding that "trashed" battery: don't toss it in the garbage. Sell it on Ebay. Or you can rebuild it yourself with new cells. Phantom 2 batteries in nearly any state have value due to the encrypted chip that's in them. Without that, you can't make a working battery.

Well done on finding you copter. As for the metal, I saw a guy take off from the middle of a big old manhole cover the other day. His copter flew like a charm. I think the thing with metal around the copter is not so much that it will cause a crash perse, i.e. it's not a consistent cause/effect thing. But it does increase your odds of confusing the compass and hence an in-flight issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik