Phantom Connection Broken

Reaction score
Would anyone out there be using a Kindle Fire HDX tablet to run the DJI app? I've successfully loaded the app but when the Camera icon is pressed, I get the message: "Phantom Connection Broken". Since the Kindle runs on an Android-based OS, I've shut down all Wi-Fi networks leaving only the DJI connection. I even zapped the other apps. All else regarding the bird appears nominal; all firmware updates have been applied (and re-applied) and I've scoured the forums for hours. The tab at the top of the DJI opening screen shows a green light and a Wi-Fi connection with the Phantom. All is well until I hit the camera button. Tried binding but my tablet can't scan the QR, and entering the SSID won't accept the last 2 letters/digits. Both SSID and MAC are listed "N/A". Can anyone please give me more avenues to explore? Just to confirm, I have a Vision 2 Plus.

Have posted this B4, but try changing your power-up sequence.
Smartphone app 1st, then Tx, then wi-fi extender, drone LAST.
Wait for sat lock before doing anything
Give it a few seconds between each item being switched on.
Fixed all my issues 100%
I note too that DJI now suggest NOT powering up the drone first :cool:

Thanks for the help. Tried your sequential startup but still no luck. I'm still inclined to think its something I'm overlooking as opposed to a hardware/software issue. Eventually, the answer is bound to surface (if I can maintain my patience). Meanwhile, the grounded bird is a pretty fair conversation piece!

Why be grounded, even without the app you can still fly.

Point taken. But the photographic aspects of this technology is more than half the fun. Having said that, I do intend to put in some flight time!

I had the same problem with a Samsung Tab 3, I did what you did since the tablet's solo purpose was FPV use. When you say you sap the other apps, I hope you uninstalled everyone that you could and the others you set back to factory setting. You sound like you did everything but I also read the following and when I found how to do it... Bingo, mine worked you must disable: "Always allow scanning: When enabled, Google Location Service and other apps can scan for Wi-Fi networks, even when Wi-Fi is turned off."
so when I was done, gmail, google maps and DVJ vision app was running and the always allow scanning was disabled. If your Kindle has an Airplane mode, use that too.

Oh... I had a camera tilt control problem... and a forum guy told be that going into Assistant software Basic / R/C / and on that screen switch the transmitter from Upgrade to BASIC would solve transmitter problem... It DID and now the TABLET, WIFI, TX all work as they should might be worth a try until the Vision app plays well with others.

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately, my Kindle lacks the "auto-scan" switch. On top of that, I can never be absolutely certain I've manually shut down everything. What puzzles me is the fact that the tablet gives every indication of a solid Wi-Fi connection with the Phantom. The app's "Settings" page allows parameters to be set so I know the commo link is good. And the camera gimbal goes through it's expected gyrations when I power the bird. All appears as it should but the Camera button persists in giving me "Phantom Connection Broken". Still hopeful for a solution but....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers