phantom connection broken error,,,,,killing me,,,,,,help

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 2 vision and everytime I try to connect the camera to my galaxy s5 I get the phantom connection broken screen and no visuals come across my screen it used to work flawlessly the phone app indicates it is connected via wifi to the wifi extender but that's it. I have tried different phones I have uninstalled and reinstalled the appthis is absolutely killing me I'm not real smart with these things but I'm learning anybody have any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it and thank you when replying please do not assumeI know much about these please be gentle and patient with me thank you thank you Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-10-00-20-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-10-00-20-32.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 756
jonezee50 said:
I have the Phantom 2 vision and everytime I try to connect the camera to my galaxy s5 I get the phantom connection broken screen and no visuals come across my screen it used to work flawlessly the phone app indicates it is connected via wifi to the wifi extender but that's it. I have tried different phones I have uninstalled and reinstalled the appthis is absolutely killing me I'm not real smart with these things but I'm learning anybody have any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it and thank you when replying please do not assumeI know much about these please be gentle and patient with me thank you thank you Merry Christmas

Use the app tool and scan the code on your box and rebind. You will need to read this.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

1.Power on the camera and Range Extender.
2.Approximately 30 seconds later, press the Binding Reset Button on the Range Extender with a thin object until the SYSTEM Indicator turns off. The Range Extender will then restart automatically.
3.Approximately 30 seconds later, the SYSTEM Indicator will start to blink green, indicating that the Range Extender is ready for binding.
4.Enable Wi-Fi on your mobile device then select “Phantom_XXXXXX” the (SSIDof your Range Extender) from theWi-Fi network list.
5.Figure 37) Run the DJI VISION App then tap -> Settings -> General -> Binding. (Figure 38) Select ’Scan QR Code’ to scan the camera QR code on the product packaging. (Figure 39) Get the camera SSID (E.g. FC200_xxxxxx) and the MAC address. You can also skip the scan and enter the camera MAC address directly (Figure 38, Figure 40). The MAC address can be found on the camera label.
6.Tap the tickVision+ Extender 6th.jpgin the top right corner. The Range Extender should automatically restart. Binding is now complete

Reactions: Todd Oleson
and fortunately this did not work either still getting the same thank you very much and fortunately this did not work either still getting the same error on the screen it even said binding successful after I added a camera at the camera with a MAC address from the back of a wifi extender again I thank you by any chance do you have any other ideas?

and ensuring all cables were plugged in securely to the back of the camera that was completed and everything is secure

Just one thing to check. Is the camera powered? There's a small green LED at the back which should be lit up. If it is not, then there's something wrong with the power supply to the camera. If the plug is pushed right in and the light still does not come on, then the most likely cause is a short inside the Phantom (easy to cause if you unplug and replug the camera while the Phantom is switched on.

If I might chime in, here it is my experience and I just tested it AGAIN today. If I have my resolution set on 640 x 480 in my preview quality settings I will nearly always get a PHANTOM CONNECTION BROKEN error and cannot control gimble or camera but the RC works fine. If I set it down to 320 it is good to go an very seldom breaks connection. I have just lived with the reality. I am using a P2v+ with a FPVLR stage 2 and a Nexus 7 monitor with a ilovecoffee ver 11 app. I think the the ilovecoffee app will do it more than the standard DJI but I have not verified that. Anyway good luck.. just try reducing your resolution.

thnanks- this made no difference- no one can fix this freaking issue im about ready to throw the thing out- DJI cust service is less than to be desired- they just send me basic emails

im at my wits end- anyone HELP???

Remove all other wifi connections from your phone and just leave the phantom one - then go well away from all wifi sources and try again.

May work.

zenoshrdlu said:
Just one thing to check. Is the camera powered? There's a small green LED at the back which should be lit up. If it is not, then there's something wrong with the power supply to the camera. If the plug is pushed right in and the light still does not come on, then the most likely cause is a short inside the Phantom (easy to cause if you unplug and replug the camera while the Phantom is switched on.

I doubt it is a short. Probably a bad or loose connection. I would power down and unplug and re-plug all relevant connections.

And welcome to the forum!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20