Phantom circles

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been reading these forums for a while, but only just got around to registering!

I got my Phantom a few weeks ago. I've flown it a few times, and I've noticed that when I have the throttle half way and leave it to hover, the Phantom makes quick clockwise circles about 10 feet in diameter.

I've tried following the advice that I've read here - I make sure the GPS is locked, I've calibrated the IMU, calibrated the compass, reset settings to default, made sure the props are installed correctly, etc. But nothing seems to help.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try! Thanks in advance!

Hey I'm 13 and I also have my own phantom. Try doing some of these things.
1: Calibrating the compass
2: Calibrating your transmitter
3: Check if any of your props are bent, I bent mine on the first flight and had to replace them because just like yours, mine flew circles when I left it alone :)

Are you flying in the GPS mode?
The accuracy is not spot on so it may wander around by:Vertical: ± 0.8m. Horizontal: ± 2.5m which is normal.

Try switch back to ATTI mode and fly around then back to GPS and see if this helps.
Try flying somewhere else.

Calibrate the compass at the flying site away from any metal constructions that are around or underneath (like metal bar under the concrete or gas pipes under ground).

If you can hover it in ATTI mode fine, then nothing wrong and perhaps late into the flight it usually flies better.

Yep I'm flying in GPS mode.

I've tried calibrating the compass. It's not just casually doing circles, it does them rather quickly.

I'll see if it does it in ATT mode

Did this ever get resolved for you? I went flying yesterday and the phantom starts circling me in GPS Mode. I switch to Att Mode and it stops. I switch back and it starts circling again. I have flown the Phantom 30 plus times with no issue. Weird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj