Phantom Case Reviews?

Reaction score
Need to get a case for the new bird, seems like there are a lot of options on ebay at various price points. Looking to keep it under $100. any suggestions?

msinger said:
I have this case and I love it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H6B ... FGYLSNPBZM

It's one of the more expensive cases, but you won't be sorry if you purchase it. You're probably going to be taking a gamble if you go with a $100 case.

I have this case and have only one complaint. The props bin is not deep enough or wide enough. It barely fits 4 props. Might just be meant to store two extras but I never store my bird with the props on because they would store bent when the cover is closed on them and warp. I might have to cut that prop bin a little larger.

This is $70 AUD
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online ... mendations

Its very tough and has removable little foam squares (maybe 1cm wide by 2-3cm long) so you basically pull out the foam to make the shapes you need.
I was able to fit the Phantom, 2 batteries, tool kit, controller, couple of antenna, props and still room for more stuff.
The lid also has like 3-4cm of foam so its nice and comfy/protected. Also has the air pressure knob thingy for when its on a plane.

Its probably way cheaper in the US if that is where you are, as every thing is heaps more expensive in AUS.

Friend has the proper $280 case and its basically the exact same in terms of foam/protectiveness and dimensions. Only diff is the expensive one has the pre cut foam.

Alfaisal1403 said:
how can you place the phantom into the case if it has prop guards ??????

Well, you can't unless you have a super large case -- which I have yet to see. You would have to remove the prop guards before putting the quad back in the case. A real pain, unless your prop guards have snap-on connectors. But then there is no storage hole in the case for the loose prop guards, so you have to carry them separately anyway if you intend to use them. I just store my set of snap-on guards in my vehicle in case I need them for a job in a tight area.

Just as a general note, for the benefit of those who are sitting on the fence over this, let me add that I think that all cases that allow for drones to be packed props-on are a remnant from the time that props had to be bolted on and off. It can be argued that not having to do this over and over justifies the added size of the case. However, since props are now easy-on-easy-off, I personally feel it ceases to make sense to get the larger case. The quick flick 'n' tighten easily beats the added bulk in this trade-off, especially backpack-wise.

I have the tradecraft case and love it. I don't see how leaving the props on will make that much bigger. It still has to be big enough for the battery's and radio.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4