Phantom Case recommendation

Reaction score
If you are in need of a good case for your phantom then look no further. I have now bought 2 of these and I am really pleased with the size and build quality at an exceptionally good price of £39.99 They are delivered in the UK very fast as well. Here is the link to the ebay seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1050738468

Here are some pics of my layout. The only thing I have not put into the case is the charger. I have two and they will just go in my suitcase if needed. The case dimensions are 1cm larger than BA recommended carry on size in one dimension but small in another so I can't say if you could take them on a flight?

Note the compass rose is something I stuck on so I can use the azimuth readout and it reflects the LED display for startup.

What I like about the case is:

The cheap price
The substantial build quality
4 layers of foam included - good quality
Waterproof

Its quite heavy though when all the gear is inside.

I have cut the foam to accept

P2 with Gopro attached
Black Pearl monitor
6 Phantom 2 batteries
2 3s batteries to power the Black Pearl
Spare set of AA batteries
My Black Pearl sunshade
Spare props
Tools

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpg
    IMG_2415.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 953
  • IMG_2416.jpg
    IMG_2416.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 909
  • IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 935
This looks really nice. I could use something like this, and it seems to be affordably priced. Not sure what the exchange rate would be. However, the seller does not do International shipping. Drat! After looking around eBay here in the US, nobody cuts any of these cases loose for under $100, and actually not even close to that.

But thanks for sharing this info. Your setup looks great!

Many thanks for posting Shrimpy. Have order one myself :D

Has anyone tried a pelican case for their phantom? If so what model and what are your thoughts on it?

1) Very jealous of your extra batteries. ****.

2) Is there any kind of manufacturers name or model number you can share, so we can try and find this case in the US? That eBay seller doesn't ship outside the UK (per their page).

Looks good!

ghinson said:
1) Very jealous of your extra batteries. ****.

2) Is there any kind of manufacturers name or model number you can share, so we can try and find this case in the US? That eBay seller doesn't ship outside the UK (per their page).

Looks good!

Nothing much on the case. The original label just has Tool Box TR139 on it.

Xgeek, I think you will like the case. Two tips for you.

1. Use an electric carving knife if you can to cut the foam. I bought one from Argos for £9.99
2. The toolbox label is hard to peel off. Either stick something over it or use olive oil to soak the glue for a few minutes and it then wipes off. I never knew olive oil could do this but it actually works.

Perfect. You saved me a few quid so I owe you a pint if we ever go flying together ;)

xgeek said:
Perfect. You saved me a few quid so I owe you a pint if we ever go flying together ;)

And where in the world would one have to be to reclaim the pint ?

Am in North London, but happy to travel out for some good flying and a meet up.

xgeek said:
Am in North London, but happy to travel out for some good flying and a meet up.

It would be good to meet up. I have been flying 3 times now with dtdyer01 also on this forum and its good fun. I think he tried to entice you down for a 3 bird meet. Your more than welcome. You can then try your hand at following another phantom. We were practising last night and its not as easy as I thought it would be.

We will let you know when the next meet is, probably this weekend but its always weather dependent. I just read your post on how you went about your first flight. You sound like a careful flyer, I always like that.

After doing a Google search, my conclusion is, you can't get that from here. Dang.

Found one store that wanted £29 for the case, and £125 to ship it to the US!

Shrimpfarmer said:
If you are in need of a good case for your phantom then look no further. I have now bought 2 of these and I am really pleased with the size and build quality at an exceptionally good price of £39.99 They are delivered in the UK very fast as well. Here is the link to the ebay seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1050738468
It seems they don't deliver "internationally" at all :(

Thank you very much for posting this, especially showing how you've got yours set up.

Mine is ordered and on the way :)

My first post and it's to say thanks for the heads up on these case's. I have had my Vision for a couple of weeks and I have been on the look out for a case. Ordered one today.

Cheers, Kev

For anyone looking at this case, it is the Duratool case in north america that everyone raves about.

I just bought the exact same case without any logo on it from a gentleman that posted one for sale on kijiji near my home.
60$ canadian still wrapped in plastic. There are out of stock everyhwere!! Really Lucky.

There is a pressure relief valve, and it would take a mamoth amount of effort to have damage done to the Phantom when it resides in the case. It is a hardcore case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4