Phantom case question

Reaction score
I just received a case to protect my quad during transport. Question....do you feel it is safe to also have the batteries in the case . I am modifying my case now and wonder it it's a good idea.

I carry mine in the case but there is always a chance for lipo batteries to explode. It would be best to keep them in lipo bags. But it's up to each person as to how comfortable they are in this situation.

I would really like to have them in the case on an outing but if one would decide to catch fire, the loss could be great. Can one battery going bad set off other batteries next to it?

I carry all of my extra batteries in my case. There are foam inserts for two additional batteries. As long as the battery is secured in the case, I don't see a problem. Plus, my case is metal.

EDIT: The main danger of explosions is during charging. The bags are available on Amazon. I would definitely use them during charging and for storing, if you wish.

Monte55 said:
I would really like to have them in the case on an outing but if one would decide to catch fire, the loss could be great. Can one battery going bad set off other batteries next to it?

I would think so. But, my opinion is that the danger is mainly during charging. If it really concerns you, store them in the bags.

I may carry the batteries in a different bag. I have no lipo bags. I guess for short term I could make space in case only to remove them at flying site.

Anyway, this is the case I got. I refused to pay big bucks for a case. I got this for $69.00 shipped. It contains my Phantom, transmitter, Fatshark tx and goggles, extra tx batteries, spare props, cell checker, charger for Phantom etc. I have room to carry more stuff. Hmmmm...can't seem to get the pics to load. How do I get pics to load?

I don't keep my batteries in the case , I keep them in an ammo box , when charging and for storage . The only time I keep them in the case is when I'm going to fly. I seen a picture somewhere where the batteries were in the case and everything melted.

goatman said:
I don't keep my batteries in the case , I keep them in an ammo box , when charging and for storage . The only time I keep them in the case is when I'm going to fly. I seen a picture somewhere where the batteries were in the case and everything melted.
+1
7.62 mm ammo box. 200 cartridge capacity is the perfect size for me.

Hughie said:
goatman said:
+1
7.62 mm ammo box. 200 cartridge capacity is the perfect size for me.

Exactly 7.62X39

Finally some photos...help from a forum member

Attachments

• 20150220_114540.jpg
    20150220_114540.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 293
  • 20150220_114502.jpg
    20150220_114502.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 320

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics