Phantom Case - I found a deal and sharing the info.

Reaction score
Here is a great stainless PRE CUT Phantom case for the money and the one I use. No its not super heavy-duty or rated for airlines buts its a great case to organize your phantom and ALL its gear. Tons of compartments and plenty of room for custom options and easy to cut in with an exacto knife. I do not store my props on the Phantom as I do not want to risk warping and by them not being on gives me the opportunity to inspect each one during my pre-flight. Once again its not a heavy duty case but it is a nice case and will protect your Phantom with plenty of room and sure beats the box it was shipped in. I paid $99 with free freight. Delivered in two days and on a Saturday I might add. Just wanted to pass this along, its not a $200.00 case but most don't need and expensive case. I will include the link to purchase if someone is interested. Not bad for $99.00 and free shipping! Hope this helps someone.

http://www.atomikrc.com/products/dji-ph ... carry-case

23habd4.jpg

You are just a helpful person arn't you. thanks, I checked it out, I checked out what it would cost for a really good one and unless this just poorly constructed I will be very happy. Those $200.00 cases arn't really all that great anyway, a professional case costs at a minimum of $350.00. so this guy at only $99.00 works for me. btw I just ordered one from Amazon and it let me get my doubesided tape ($2.50 3 pack) as an add on item with free shipping for everything. I don't hate to say it, but I check Amazon, and Ebay and if I can get something through either of those I feel pretty good. I don't like haveing to have accounts at every retailer who is ripe for hacking.... oh my god I have gone into space here. please excuse, i expect my case on Wednesday..thanks again.

Wedeliver said:
You are just a helpful person arn't you. thanks, I checked it out, I checked out what it would cost for a really good one and unless this just poorly constructed I will be very happy. Those $200.00 cases arn't really all that great anyway, a professional case costs at a minimum of $350.00. so this guy at only $99.00 works for me. btw I just ordered one from Amazon and it let me get my doubesided tape ($2.50 3 pack) as an add on item with free shipping for everything. I don't hate to say it, but I check Amazon, and Ebay and if I can get something through either of those I feel pretty good. I don't like haveing to have accounts at every retailer who is ripe for hacking.... oh my god I have gone into space here. please excuse, i expect my case on Wednesday..thanks again.

Very welcome. Like I said it is not a heavy duty case nor is it airline approved. But it is a solid structure that will hold your phantom and all of its accessories. No its not going to withstand a truck running over it or a drop from 20' on its edge but I don't intend on doing either. I just wanted a solid case to store and transport my phantom from the house to flying location here locally and it performs well for that purpose and it does lock so it will keep a child that doesn't need to be in it out but if a thief wanted inside I am sure a simple screwdriver would do the job. I just liked it because it is aluminum, light weight and holds the PV2+ and all its gear, plus it already had the custom cutouts. Hey for $100.00 if it lasts me a year I am tickled. Take care and enjoy your phantom.

kymedic121 said:
Wedeliver said:

Very welcome. Like I said it is not a heavy duty case nor is it airline approved. But it is a solid structure that will hold your phantom and all of its accessories. No its not going to withstand a truck running over it or a drop from 20' on its edge but I don't intend on doing either. I just wanted a solid case to store and transport my phantom from the house to flying location here locally and it performs well for that purpose and it does lock so it will keep a child that doesn't need to be in it out but if a thief wanted inside I am sure a simple screwdriver would do the job. I just liked it because it is aluminum, light weight and holds the PV2+ and all its gear, plus it already had the custom cutouts. Hey for $100.00 if it lasts me a year I am tickled. Take care and enjoy your phantom.

I had no idea there were airline approved cases. Takes me back to the day when I took Sierra Pacific Airlines out of LAX and I had a suitcase that didn't lock so I tied a rope around it. and because I wanted it, I had my double barreled shotgun broken down, sitting in there with a box of shells on top of my shirts and underware. I got to the airport late and from the ticket counter to the plane was a 10 min ordeal, l so the ticket counter called the plane and they held it, while I carried my suitcase, with a piece of rope, hemp, holding it shut because the lock kept opening, with shotgun and ammo inside onto the 30 seat turboprop and flew to Mammoth Lakes, CA. This was 1975 or so.. I know why I go off like this, its the friggen meds!

You have the case, can you throw it in the backseat or the truck.. Humm is there anyway, or is it necessary to add somekind of shelding so those backseat speaker magnets can't do any damage to the campass?? (and I don't mean lead sheets, but perhaps something, i could google. Oh, got a guest, gotta go check em in..

Wedeliver said:
kymedic121 said:
Wedeliver said:

I had no idea there were airline approved cases. Takes me back to the day when I took Sierra Pacific Airlines out of LAX and I had a suitcase that didn't lock so I tied a rope around it. and because I wanted it, I had my double barreled shotgun broken down, sitting in there with a box of shells on top of my shirts and underware. I got to the airport late and from the ticket counter to the plane was a 10 min ordeal, l so the ticket counter called the plane and they held it, while I carried my suitcase, with a piece of rope, hemp, holding it shut because the lock kept opening, with shotgun and ammo inside onto the 30 seat turboprop and flew to Mammoth Lakes, CA. This was 1975 or so.. I know why I go off like this, its the friggen meds!

You have the case, can you throw it in the backseat or the truck.. Humm is there anyway, or is it necessary to add somekind of shelding so those backseat speaker magnets can't do any damage to the campass?? (and I don't mean lead sheets, but perhaps something, i could google. Oh, got a guest, gotta go check em in..

If you have it in a case the odds of it messing with the compass is slim to none and if so its an easy calibration fix. As a matter a fact there is an awesome video on recalibrating the compass magnet and it works every time. The airline approved cases are mainly for the equalization of pressure in the case at altitude. At commercial airline altitudes the phantom is at risk of being crushed under such high pressure.

I also got myself a very cheap case, but it was more a matter of using what I had available more than anything else.

If you still have the original packaging, I found the bottom layer (the cardboard) just fits in snuggly to the small cabin suitcases. I stuffed the lid with bubble wrap but everything has a place to go as per the original packing. Obviously you need to remove the props but I can fit everything + charger and 2 spare batteries! If you have an expandable version you may be able to fit it with the cardboard lid as well.

I wouldn't throw it in a plane and you want to take care of the case moving it around but while i'm awaiting (saving) for a pro case it will do nicely!

I have the semi-hardtop backpack, which is wonderful for most purposes, but I'm still considering a hard case because I'm not sure the backpack will withstand an airline nitwit throwing something heavy on top of it.

Will that case allow the Phantom to be packed with a battery in place? If not, it appears that you are limited to two batteries in the case. Are the slots in front and in back deep enough for prop guards? I think they are useful, particularly in close quarters at low altitudes, and around people.

Thanks for sharing this info kymedic....

I've seen a few nice cases from a few others as well at reasonable prices and will keep yours and the others in mind for a later purchase.

Werz said:
I have the semi-hardtop backpack, which is wonderful for most purposes, but I'm still considering a hard case because I'm not sure the backpack will withstand an airline nitwit throwing something heavy on top of it.

Will that case allow the Phantom to be packed with a battery in place? If not, it appears that you are limited to two batteries in the case. Are the slots in front and in back deep enough for prop guards? I think they are useful, particularly in close quarters at low altitudes, and around people.

Yes will store with battery in place.

I don't have it all the way in the case. There is plenty of room. I have been using it with no problems. Like I said there is plenty of room for you to make modifications using a exacto knife if you choose and there is foam pre-cut that can be removed to give you extra compartment space if you wish.

I also have one of them hard shell metal cases For my fC40 and Its not bad at all for the money. Even tho I had to do some extra cutting on the foam I can cram all my stuff in to it no problem. I have room for the phantom,Tx , 8 battery's the stock charger and even my dura trax dual charger, wires extra antennas for my tx extra props and still could put more stuff in it. Infact I some times even put my fpv gear in it to.
Tho I did find that 9 inch props dont fit with them still on with out them sitting on top of the foam and causing the phantom to hang on them. so I carved out some v shaped groves at the end of the slots the props fit in and it was all good. and also easier to put it in with the 8 inch props with out them snagging on the ends.

Some thing else I found helps for cutting the foam out even better then a exact knife was a bread knife and also used a steak knife the serrated blades seem to cut better and the longer blades is good for any cuts you want to go down threw all the layers of foam.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik