Phantom BVR ground station

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting the BVR set for my Phantom 2 cinematic uses, but I would like to know some details.
The feature itself is nice, but useless if I can't control where the camera's looking. So the most important thing for me is for the Phantom to be pointing at a Point of Interest. I understand P2V+ have this feature, so I would expect the BVR to have it too, but I can't find much info.
If so, can multiple POI's be set?
Imagine a triangle on a map. Waypoints A, B, C (A is home). So for example I would like to fly 30m high, from point A-B fly 8m/s, camera focused south the whole time. From point B to C, fly 5m/s, point of interest in the middle of the triangle. This would require slight automatic yaw adjustment.
In other words, the only manual actions the operator would have to do is adjust gimbal tilt to the desired shot and be prepared to take over in case anything happens.
Is this possible or am I looking slightly into the future of Phantom capabilities?
If anyone has experience with the kit, how much flight time will the link subtract? My current battery time is about 16-17mins with FPV, 600mW Tx, iOSD, H3.3D GoPro.
Thanks!

Noone here tried the kit?
For some readon its hard to find any info, but I read somewhere that possibly you can yaw with the left stick even though the Phantom is following the preset "program".
Also read that what I need is called 'rolling' and that WooKong has support for the rolling POI feature, but it is veyr hard to find any info about DJI's BVR + Naza V2.

The only thing you can control during a mission is the tilt of the camera. No yaw control. Playing around with the waypoints can often get you the shot you want but remember, the camera will always face in the direction of flight.

I believe you can set the heading, thus the camer can be pointed elsewhere, but still, if you make a multi-point "circle" around something, you'd have that jerky transition between points.
I can understand why POI is a pro feature on better flight controllers and even has a lever position, but since BVR is basically just software emulation of human stick controll, and considering you can fake POI recording with gentle stick movement, I don't see why the software wouldn't be able to emulate this feature.

Unfortunately the POI feature just doesn't exist in the groundstation, though you can use adaptive turns sometimes to roughly achieve the same thing in certain scenarios.

I have the GS and I rarely use it to set up shots or filming passes...in many cases I can actually fly a pattern by hand a few times to get it right in the amount of time it would take me to engineer/program a mission to (maybe) accomplish the same thing. For me it's a great automation tool, but not always a suitable photography/videography tool.

Also, I'll go ahead and move this thread to the groundstation section of the forum.

Thanks for your input.
I guess practicing these flyby skills will have better results and save some dough.
Sad they didn't inlude that feature.

Fyod said:
Thanks for your input.
I guess practicing these flyby skills will have better results and save some dough.
Sad they didn't inlude that feature.

You'd be right about all your assumptions on headings , unfortunately the headings work only at points and not between the waypoints. So your thing will look south at say WP:X and at WP:Y but not between X and Y.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers