Phantom BUGS!

You know what works excellently too, those magic erasers, don't mess with shine, I don't even get them wet, they work really well, I like the wax myself, but if I had too the magic erasers work great, the only problem with them is they tend to get cut by props

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

All great ideas guys... Got any more?...tried the baby wipes and occurred to me a good "prep" solution to keep debris from sticking might be "RainX". Normally for making rain just bead up and not stick to surfaces like windshields. Might make it easier to clean.
Baby wipes do a perfect job on blades... Very easy to inspect for cracks ir scratches when they are really clean. Highly recommended.

Reactions: treerichard
All great ideas guys... Got any more?...tried the baby wipes and occurred to me a good "prep" solution to keep debris from sticking might be "RainX". Normally for making rain just bead up and not stick to surfaces like windshields. Might make it easier to clean.
Baby wipes do a perfect job on blades... Very easy to inspect for cracks ir scratches when they are really clean. Highly recommended.
Rainex is bad for most plastics. In general, I'd be careful about anything much more aggressive than plain soap, especially on the props. It would take quite a bit of likely obvious damage to structurally compromise the body but even small areas of weakness on the props could lead to a full on loss.

I would look at the cleaned surfaces carefully and regularly. Remember, the body and props are made from a fairly cheap plastic whose main characteristics are ease of molding and price. They are definitely not designed to be solvent resistant.

Reactions: David Cooke
Baby wipes!... Excellent idea... They have likely improved a lot since I used one. Thanks, probably not on the lens or filters though

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes baby wipes work best, I use the huggies naturals so they don't have alcohol in them. The P4 wipes down easy with it's glossy finish.

Reactions: treerichard
Rainex is bad for most plastics. In general, I'd be careful about anything much more aggressive than plain soap, especially on the props. It would take quite a bit of likely obvious damage to structurally compromise the body but even small areas of weakness on the props could lead to a full on loss.

I would look at the cleaned surfaces carefully and regularly. Remember, the body and props are made from a fairly cheap plastic whose main characteristics are ease of molding and price. They are definitely not designed to be solvent resistant.
Go point ... Thanks for pointing that out

I use a damp magic eraser

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I grab a handful of wet wipes from chick-fil-a every other Friday when I get my chicken mini breakfast combo.... They clean off bugs well and don't discolor the plastic. Win Win.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wipe my bird down with Armor All Cleaner wipes and then their protectant wipes. Works for me.

I just use a little bit of dish soap and water to clean(no unknown chemicals for me) then some "mothers show and shine" spray car wax. Don't spray on the bird just some on a soft cloth and polish, the bugs seem not to stick to the bird as much. Lens cleaner with lens cloth for the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20