Phantom BUGS!

Reaction score
No not software bugs... The real kinds. Anyone got a suggestion for a cleaner that will not harm the plastic case.... One that can deal with bug guts... And other residue....This is Canada and the mosquitoes and black fly are pretty thick sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

A little soap and water will take care of that.

Reactions: David Cooke
No not software bugs... The real kinds. Anyone got a suggestion for a cleaner that will not harm the plastic case.... One that can deal with bug guts... And other residue....This is Canada and the mosquitoes and black fly are pretty thick sometimes.

My motorcycle has a custom paint job and I'm very cautious of dead bug removal. Harley Davidson has a bug remover spray that you spray over the dead bugs and is safe for paints and plastic. I have a Clocks Werks wind Sheild and it works great.

A little soap and water will take care of that.
Thanks for the quick reply . . probably ok but I find the bug guts leave a film with just a mild detergent like dishsoap . . maybe a windshield cleaner . . with something more than a bit of alcohol. Just worried of dissolving the plastic with the wrong bug guts desolver

Not sure why the phantom attracts bugs.... very weird - I did not notice it on the P2

from my observation seems like the P2 and P3 were worse, sticking to the matte finish? seems like they dont stick to the slicker glossy surface as much? maybe its just coincidence.

Same problem here. Soap and warm water does the job for me.

Be careful with your props, too. Same remedy for them, but also check the leading edges. Those bugs are small and fragile, but the blades are spinning pretty fast and they could cause small nicks. Replace any props with nicked blades or lightly sand (very lightly!!) to remove them. Replacing is better, though because you run the risk of unbalancing the blade and that's not good.

They will get in the forward facing sensors too!! Ask me how I know. Lots of chopped up bugs pieces from flying last weekend. Looked like a war zone. Thats what you get flying near a laje.

Baby wipes!... Excellent idea... They have likely improved a lot since I used one. Thanks, probably not on the lens or filters though

You can even get scented ones so your drone smells like lavender! LOL I actually plan to keep a bag in my done pack as soon as it arrives. :)

Not sure why the phantom attracts bugs.... very weird - I did not notice it on the P2

When I was out at a local field last week, I attracted the attention of Bees. And they chased my drone all over the area anytime I went near this particular tree. Of course I played with them, even reversing course on them. They learned quickly to stay away from it.

In central Florida we deal with a swarm of love bugs about two times a year. They can get so bad that they clog car radiators and can make it hard to see out the windshield. If left on the front of cars, they can be extremely difficult to remove and do major damage to car's paint.
Believe it or not, we discovered dryer anti-static sheets work great for removing them.

upload_2016-5-5_10-54-36.png

upload_2016-5-5_10-55-2.png

I bought "Body Gloss" at Amazon it's, dig this, both "Fine detail wax & Window cleaner"
It smells like bubblegum, sprays on with pump sprayer, last forever, great reviews, and totally affordable, Body Gloss

213c7f16432edb9f42f6b79717e18035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20