Phantom bouncing

I tried it three times (to make sure I was doing it correctly) and something I did on the last one appeared to have worked. I haven't done a lot of testing since those calibrations but the last one appears to have improved it. More testing is needed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Mine too, at the park, first and only time. Flying in the park is dangerous. Back to the woods I guess.

NoCo Drones

Mine too, at the park, first and only time. Flying in the park is dangerous. Back to the woods I guess.

NoCo Drones

I believe I figured what was causing my bouncing problem. It IS related to the vision positioning system's calibration. I realized that when I was calibrating it before, I didn't have the computer screen with the calibration pattern fully maximized. Once I maximized the screen and did the calibration, it worked great. Haven't had any bouncing since. Try this. Maybe it'll work for you as well.

Thanks. I've been doing it on full screen on a MacBook Air. I'm wondering if I should plug into a full size monitor and try again. Getting fed up with this thing! My P3 just worked!

Don't want to tempt fate but DJI released a new version of Assistant yesterday. It has a new VPS calibration section. I've used it and (touch wood) just had a very stable test flight. Will test more in the morning but it looks like the new process works!!!!

Reactions: GMack
I had version 1.04 prior and must have missed 1.05. This is 1.06.

Very different aiming of the VPS calibration in that they added the pointing at the chart as well as the big and small red/green boxes for the sizing before it goes on the chasing the blue box around the screen.

Guess I should also do a new IMU and compass as well.

Just done two more test flights at night (in back yard without going too far off the ground). Even at night, the new calibration process has changed how the bird behaves. I've yet to calibrate IMU and really test it out - but this could be a game changer for me (and many others I think).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4