phantom becomes uncontrolable right after take off?

Reaction score
so i had 9443 regular plastic props, i broke one so i went and bought 9443 carbon fiber blades. which are exactly the same as the last ones just carbon fiber. now after putting them on i went to go fly it, and when it took off it just shot in the air about 20 feet at that time i started dropping the throttle down all the way and it didnt respond to anything i was doing with the controls, it basically did a bunch of random stuff like shooting up then going 30 feet to the right drop down extreamly fast then shoot up just before hitting the ground. i dont think it is the props, and yes i double checked the direction of all the props and they are all facing the proper direction. as far as i know i am not getting any compass error lights but when it does come back down it just has the constant flashing red light. basically i have no control of it once it takes off, i never regain control of it. it worked fine before except for the fact that it wont stay in one spot it drifts away.

sooo any ideas?

TRy doing an Advanced IMU calibration, then do compass cal before next flight...

ok, my next problem is that i have a mac.. and so far i cannot find the programs to allow me to connect to a mac so im assuming my only option is just manual trial and error with the calibration....? and even tho its not giving me a compass error there is still a possibility that it could be the compass?

ok so i did the imu calibration. then calibrated the compass. went outside to fly it... same thing, the second it gets off the ground it throttles up and starts heading in a direction, then i try to guide it back and it falters around basically its like its drunk, its only getting like 10% of what im doing on the controller..

ok so it is the rotors.. i took them off and put the stock ones back on and it worked just fine. still drifts tho...... but yeah so what does that mean about these props?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20