Phantom battery charger

Reaction score
Does anyone make a 12V battery charger so the you can charge your batteries on location in your car, or do you need to get an inverter/generator?

Just wondering... would a person have to leave their vehicle running - or would a charger not drain the vehicle's battery too bad? I have an inverter in the bed of my truck, and was wondering if I'd be able to run the stock Phantom charger from that without having to worry about completely killing my truck's battery?

Bencio said:
hi, iI have something like this...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ories.html

usually lipo chargers like this have leads with clamps to attach to the car battery, it works perfectly, way better and faster than the charger included with the phantom, I use this also at home, I modified a 12v 5A power supply to be used with the clamps...

Thanks, I was hoping there was something like that. Thanks again for your speedy response!

Jebus said:
Just wondering... would a person have to leave their vehicle running - or would a charger not drain the vehicle's battery too bad? I have an inverter in the bed of my truck, and was wondering if I'd be able to run the stock Phantom charger from that without having to worry about completely killing my truck's battery?

as i said i mostly use it from a wall plug, but i charged 2 batteries on my car once without problems, maybe it's useful to try sometime you are in condition to restart the car even if the battery is dead and see how many batteries you can charge, but it's not a good thing for your car's battery life... i think the most clever thing is tu charge the batteries and sometimes try to start the engine and let it run for a minute... or if you know your car's battery you cando the maths...

I have a 1000 watt honda generator Got honda because it is very quiet As far as generators go

Bencio said:
Jebus said:

as i said i mostly use it from a wall plug, but i charged 2 batteries on my car once without problems, maybe it's useful to try sometime you are in condition to restart the car even if the battery is dead and see how many batteries you can charge, but it's not a good thing for your car's battery life... i think the most clever thing is tu charge the batteries and sometimes try to start the engine and let it run for a minute... or if you know your car's battery you cando the maths...

Thanks... I might have to give it a try sometime.

Yes a simple 12v to 120v inverter works no problems. I picked up one at Home Depot last Saturday for about $37.00. I drive a newer Ford F-150 that has a 12 volt plug that is always on even though the car is off, I have charged 3 battery's up all with the engine not running, not a problem, took about right under 2 hours for a full solid charge (same as a 120v house). The charger does get warm but it also has safety features on it so not to worry.

Have fun!

Don the builder said:
Yes a simple 12v to 120v inverter works no problems. I picked up one at Home Depot last Saturday for about $37.00. I drive a newer Ford F-150 that has a 12 volt plug that is always on even though the car is off, I have charged 3 battery's up all with the engine not running, not a problem, took about right under 2 hours for a full solid charge (same as a 120v house). The charger does get warm but it also has safety features on it so not to worry.

Have fun!

Perfect. Good to know! Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav