Phantom batteries on ebay (LCD INFO)

I thought the P2 authenticated the DJI Battery and third party ones wouldn't work?

JamesG said:
I thought the P2 authenticated the DJI Battery and third party ones wouldn't work?

There is a work around for that.

They look too cool. I broke down and ordered one. We shall see. Thanks for helping me part with my money. :)

few fair pages selling them.. amazing.. drone shops etc etc.... seeems to be real...maybe...
kinda the same price for us AUS people though, but I guess you get the extra 200mah... hows the price diff for you UK/USA folks ?

This is second hand information, but what I believe I read here, it can be done with a change in the assistant software. I hope that person will speak up because that is the limit of my knowledge. I'll certainly be trying to figure it out when my EBay battery arrives!

I have a NukrRC 5400 that works fine its just that you dont hook your Phantom to the computer with one of these batteries in the machine only ever hook up with a OEM battery. cheers Jeff PS I am going to give one a try when it arrives I will let you know how it all panned out!

Ozziebattler said:
I have a NukrRC 5400 that works fine its just that you dont hook your Phantom to the computer with one of these batteries in the machine only ever hook up with a OEM battery. cheers Jeff

Maybe silly question but what happens if you do ?

It does try to see if its a dji battery or not. BUT some third party battery's have the right soft ware and data on them that the phantom thinks its a dji battery as long as you dont try to update the batterys firmware or try to update the naza firmware with the battery in when you update the naza firmware.

BUT these battery's with the digital read outs on them looked cool when I first seen them on amazon a few weeks back and they have a disclaimer now saying these battery's no longer will not work at all any more sence the last phantom 2 firmware update. and there is no work around. (tho I would imagine if some one is still on the old naza firm ware they might still work)

Tho there are other 3rd party battery's that will work as long as you dont try to up date your firmware with the after market battery's in the phantom. Lime fuel is one that works and the ones that didn't they have been very good to get corrected or people But the ones with digital read outs from the disclaimer they have and the comments i seen in the feedback it seems like lots of people got them that are SOL and bought some 99 paper weights that even say in the products desctiption that are paper weights before they even hit your mail box.

I did it with my other Nuke battery and it bricked it so now its a paper weight

WOW that sucks the big one. My nuke battery acts just like all my dji battery's do and says no firmware update for them and dont even let me update them. But in a way I guess thats good that my rc nuke will not let me even accidentally nuke it.

My nuke battery says Version 1.06 same as the version of my dji batterys that will not update or let me use any of the cool features.

Tho today when I was power cycling the nuke rc battery and ran it down to zero % I got pretty nervis when I plugged in the naza and a window poped up telling me I may have one of more damaged cells. Even tho it was full of crap. BUT luckily unlike any of the dji batterys the cells did not lock out from under voltage and it charged up fine and all 3 cells are perfect still and the message stopped poping up once I got the charge up past 8%

corrction. The nuck rc battery that i have that did not brick its self and my di battery that dont update to the new battery firm ware say version 1.05 not 06

Well i bought one of these batteries,only took about a week to get to Aust. have flown with it 3 times now and it works perfect. Now this is a SMART battery it tells you voltage on each cell, overall voltage, flight time, overall battery life,counts each charge cycle,serial no,battery temp, the writing is a little small that's all. It shows all 3 cell voltage when its charging. Very clever and i got 20 mins easy just hovering and flying around the back yard.

Is that a second charging port or some kind of serial connection?

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 471
So do they work even with the newest DJI software updates??????

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj