Phantom aux power lead

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a Fatshark teleporter fpv kit for my phantom. I wasn't gonna use the balance lead power adaptor. Just gonna connect to phantoms aux power cable. Is it ok to do this?

It would be powering both the transmitter and camera. I have read were a few people said the aux wire wasn't heavy enough which could cause your phantom to burn.

I would love the opinion of the forum before I do anything.

Thanks,

Dee.

Seedler said:
Hi,

I just bought a Fatshark teleporter fpv kit for my phantom. I wasn't gonna use the balance lead power adaptor. Just gonna connect to phantoms aux power cable. Is it ok to do this?

It would be powering both the transmitter and camera. I have read were a few people said the aux wire wasn't heavy enough which could cause your phantom to burn.

I would love the opinion of the forum before I do anything.

Thanks,

Dee.
the aux lead carries enough power for both, it should be fine.

Make sure your VTX accepts 3s (11-12v) power; it should. Make doubly sure your camera does as well, a lot of fpv cams are 5v I think. If that's the case but your vtx has a 5v v+ lead, you can power your camera through that.

ElGuano thanks for the fast reply.

The instructions say between 7 and 13 volts, and the camera is powered from the transmitter, so I think I'm good there.

So is there definitely no chance of these wires over heating?

If I don't use the balance lead adaptor does this mean I'm loosing out on the filter? or are the aux leads already filtered?

Cheers,

Dee.

Seedler said:
ElGuano thanks for the fast reply.

The instructions say between 7 and 13 volts, and the camera is powered from the transmitter, so I think I'm good there.

So is there definitely no chance of these wires over heating?

If I don't use the balance lead adaptor does this mean I'm loosing out on the filter? or are the aux leads already filtered?

Cheers,

Dee.

"No chance" is a tall order to guarantee. But I run a 600mw vtx plus gimbal off mine and the wire is not even warm to the touch. If you want to check out wire gauge capacities at given amperages and shielding types, there are a few links out there. Alternatively, you could also solder a new or replacement aux lead off the motherboard, which I did (and I went to thinner wire).

There is no filter either at the aux lead or from the battery balance connector. Both are driven directly from the cells.

Lol I know what you mean.

The fatshark balance lead adaptor has a small capacitor on it which it says is to filter out noise. Do you think it is really needed?

Could soldering the capacitor in parallel to the aux wire do the same thing?

Thanks for all your help :)

Dee.

Measure how many amps your pulling through the circuit and the tap in a small inline fuse of appropriate size. This way if you over load it, the fuse pops and your quad is not effected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20