Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom automatic rising

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by 35ol, Feb 3, 2014.

1. 35ol

Hello

My Phantom is very unstable after rising about 1m, and I found that the motors will automatic acceleration when I hold the throttle more than 3 seconds at 60% or more, in addition,after decelerate, it will spin up itself。

Already calibrate IMU、compass many many times。
    Newest firmware。

I remove the paddle to test。

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf9UOt8n9ic[/youtube]

Anybody can help :roll:

2. HeliRy

Strange. I wonder if it's entering RTH mode and trying to initiate a climb to get above the home point? But then you wouldn't have any control of it...

What does it do in the air? Does it just keep climbing out of control unless you ease back on the throttle, or does it level out after a few seconds?

3. 35ol

When I want to take off,I keep 60~70% throttle more than 3 seconds,then I release the throttle to its original position 50%,but Phantom automatic rising,until higher than about 2~3m, I feel it's out of control, I pull down the throttle,it's landing very slow,when I release the throttle,it rising automatic again, can't hold the position.

4. Ozzyguy

Check your RC gains.

5. 35ol

checked, no problem.

original 0
    left to right -1000 ~ 1000

6. EMCSQUAR

Recal your Tx - goto Asst -> basic -> RC then use calibration for your sticks

7. 35ol

already calibration many many times

Attached Files:

• nasa.jpg
      nasa.jpg
      File size:
      187.4 KB
      Views:
  8. EMCSQUAR

The only other things that come to mind is a) check to make sure aircraft config is correct and b) that idle is set at middle setting. Other than those I would reload basic configuration again via tools window...

9. 35ol

restore default configuration, download official and recover configuration.
    restore lastest firmware
    all done

10. LeoS

@35ol: How long have you had the Phantom?
    How has it changed?

11. 35ol

bought 2 month, total play 10 times, only the first two times normal,the rest are unstable :|

12. 35ol

If I take off and push the throttle less than 2 seconds, its nornal and can hold at one position but also very shock
    and if I push the throttle more than 3 seconds at this time, Phantom will automatic rising again.

and I already try change mode 1 & mode 2 of the RC, right hand for throttle, its the same, automatic rising, seems the problem is not the RC.

13. Big Ben

With regards to your video.

When sitting on the ground without props the Phantom is likely to behave 'confused'. When you push the throttle the Phantom will 'expect' to gain altitude but when its sensors tell it it isn't it will 'think' it is experiencing some downdraft and will try to compensate by increasing thrust in order to gain the altitude as it is 'told' to do.

Only a video of its real behaviour in flight will give us the information needed to establish any faulty behaviour.

IF it behaves the same in the air as it does in the video on the ground this *might* indicate a problem with the barometric pressure sensor in the NAZA.

14. LeoS

What BigBen said.

The Phantom, in GPS mode at least, is a fly-by-wire system. You tell it to do something (go up) then it translates your simple command to the controls. IE: You push up throttle, Phantom revs up motor; it's not moving, it'll try to rev up even faster thinking that it's carrying a heavy payload, etc.

I think if you do the strapped-to-the table test in manual mode, then you can take out NAZA out of the equation and see whether the motor and esc performs consistently under load.

15. 35ol

When I switch to manual mode, Phantom is full speed, with props and without props same