Phantom Assistant Software

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 (non vision) with a 2D gimbal and Go Pro which I'm pleased with and the quality of the video is very good.

I'd like to add course lock, and home lock as well as the ability to switch to failsafe without powering off the transmitter, and understand I need to use the assistant software to enable these features. However, on the DJi download page (http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/do ... are-Driver), there are 2 versions 2.0 and 3.0, which should I use?

Also, I believe in the "if it isn't broken, then don't fix it" mantra so want to avoid any firmware upgrades; will installing and running the assistant software mean I have to do "upgrades"?

Many thanks

2.0 should keep you on 1.8 what I'm sticking with . The 3.0 got all the new restrictions

HeliTV said:
So I can install v2 and enable hl etc without upgrading?

You need to download the right Phantom assistant software for your phantom's firmware version. If not, you wont be able to change or view any settings. There are version 1.03, 1.08, 2.0, 3.0

I ran into this myself after downloaded both version 2.0 and version 3.0 both software tell me to upgrade my firmware before i can view or change any settings. That's when i realized i have firmware version 1.08 and as you can see the phantom assistant software available for download from DJI.com are only version 2.0 and version 3.0. After digging deeper I realized they still have the version 1.08 hosted on their site but it's not shown. I downloaded that and everything worked without the need for any firmware upgrades.

I have a new phantom 2 that came with a 2d gimble (uninstalled). When I downloaded the assistant software everything seemed to go smoothly with the updates. I now have several hours of pilot in command time and want to activate the ATTI and Failsafe for S1 and the CourseLock and HomeLock for S2. The assistant software that I have loaded in my PC computer (ver 3.0) was downloaded in the past 3 days and does not seem to want to "toggle" from Phantom to NazaM when you click on the box in the upper line of the assistant page. I think that one must download the latest assistant software from the Naza download page (a different page of downloads from the Phantom 2 page) and I have done so...but I have not hooked up the P2 USB cable to accomplish this yet.

Has anyone had this problem (non-toggle from Phantom to Naza with the latest version of the assistant software for the Phantom 2)

Will I contaminate the P2 controller if I download the Naza M assistant program on top of the P2 program (which works great, just no activation of the S1/S2 capabilities.

Help !!

It isn't done in the naza software, just the phantom assistant software. Did you upgrade everything in the phantom assistant software upgrade page? What versions of everything are you on from looking at that page?

Thank you MrC for your guidance.

Went back into Phantom assistance, did all upgrades, and was able to "toggle" to Naza and set the S1 and S2 functions easily.

Tomorrow will see if I can handle the Naza turbocharging of my new P2. I have been impressed with the capabilities of this quadcopter and the software. It's the manual translation to English that is the difficult part. I think I have read all of the manual(s) multiple times. Not only translation issues but also the necessity to look in multiple places for direction. Lots if Google searches.

Anyway, thank you again

Toddzilla

Good to hear you sorted it. It really no different except you can now use CL and HL and can set failsafe to s1 switch third position.

The manuals and all the exact info are a minefield for sure, not helped by bad translation as always. Also some things span multiple models like naza etc. Just keep asking if you get stuck, it's a learning game for all of us.

p.s., if this is the first time you have used version 3 assistant, (which will have updated your firmware to v3.02), then you will notice it doesn't descend as fast as it used to. Depending what version you were running before - v1.08 = 6m/s, v2.0 = 3m/s, v3.02 = 2m/s. This was done to prevent vortex ring state happening when descending straight down. I'm still using v2.0.

sxmdrones said:
After digging deeper I realized they still have the version 1.08 hosted on their site but it's not shown. I downloaded that and everything worked without the need for any firmware upgrades.
Great - how can I find this?

Have noticed that the descent is rather slow, but since I just recently began flying a Phantom, and since 3.0/3.2 is the only software than I have been flying with, I have nothing to compare descent rates to.

I was not aware that the descent rate has been modified over the last several iterations of Assistant software. Interesting.

Again, thanks for you assistance.

HeliTV said:
sxmdrones said:
After digging deeper I realized they still have the version 1.08 hosted on their site but it's not shown. I downloaded that and everything worked without the need for any firmware upgrades.
Great - how can I find this?

Library of all the Assistant versions available here: http://droneslinger.com/software.html

Thank you Pullup. Great info. I have 1.8 so will do the 2.0 and leave 3.0 alone. If I understand correctly, 3.0 has a lot of restrictions that I would like to avoid. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :?

FYI: After a December Purchase of my P2V, I am FINALLY working on getting her flight worthy. I am basically starting from scratch and I know I have missed a lot of upgrade info in the past 5 months, so this is a great start. Like all of us Phantom pilots, I am worried about flyways and know most of these are preventable, and I just read a thread listing them all, and a few new ones have been added in my absence. :roll:

Is there any sort of thread I can access that will help get me up to speed by covering most, if not all, the caveats my fellow P2 pilots have discovered and fixed? I have tested the transmitter without props as well as the video downlink and everything worked fine when first tested in December, but that's as far as I was able to go. There's a lot of good info here (which helped me to decided to buy the bird in the first place ;) ), but catching up after 5 months is daunting to say the least. Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Hope to have my bird ready for pre and post wedding footage for my daughter's big day in two weeks.
btw: I even have the "lost and found" stickers first offered by ColoradoSky that need to be attached.... Sad huh? :cry:

Thank you in advance for any support anyone can offer.

(probably should have started a new thread, but I'm kind of embarrassed I waited this long :oops: )

t.rexxer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4