Phantom Angel - the must-have Phantom accessory

It's all good information Protocrash and this seems a

Must be end of world armageddon when a light goes out at your place...

Well, what do you do when a headlight burns out of your car and that would cause it to not function?

Hey guys,

Today we hit a milestone and I just couldn't resist sharing... All the components are here, end to end testing is done and the very first pair of Angels (v2) are ready! The rest to follow.

Here's a photo of the Phantom Angel and its big brother the Inspire Angel.

For those who've pre-ordered, don't get too excited - the pre-order list is long and assembly takes its time (but I'll be doing my best to get them out as quickly as possible!).

Cheers

theangels.JPG

Justin a lot of people find there's a value in a device like the Angel. Some feel they don't want to be wearing their motors and ESCs for battery cycling, a lot of people who use the Phantom or Inspire professionally want a way to discharge unused batteries for storage, others want to know that when (not if) they don't use up their packs (you're in the UK - you should know about unexpected rain ruining flights) they have an efficient way to discharge their batts. The list goes on. But, I won't disagree, its not for everyone.

Regarding your feeling about looks - the Angel is made with functionality, quality and value for money as priorities. Not looks. That's why it does the job well, uses top quality components and is as cheap as it is.

I'll be using my phantom(s) & inspire(s) professionally very soon..
This means I will replace batteries or quads periodically (as my prices will account for depreciation & wear of the part / units)
If other "professionals" can't do the same that is unfortunate & they may need to review their pricing strategy?!
My pricing allows me to replace an inspire pro in 5-6 days of work.. & another consideration is that the quad(s) are "tools" which are also tax deductible.
I'm more than happy not to use this type of product - that's my opinion

I can test if you would like; aka the Guinea pig

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Alex,

I looked for the answer to this question, and can not find it.

What is the difference between the Standard and the Pro Phantom Angel?

RodeoGeorge

Hey RodeoGeorge,

The difference is the enclosure. The Pro version has a larger, more rugged aluminium enclosure and corresponding heavy duty push button. The idea is that if you use it a lot and use it when traveling it'll be more robust. Plus it looks super cool :)

For everyone else's info, just released the V3 of the Angel. This includes upgraded circuitry to reduce strain on the components and bulb and brand new enclosure. It comes in standard (ABS plastic) and Pro (aluminium) versions. Photos attached!

Attachments

• Inspire-side-Standard.png
    Inspire-side-Standard.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 469
  • Inspire-top-pro.png
    Inspire-top-pro.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 467
  • Phantom-side-Pro.png
    Phantom-side-Pro.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 454
  • both2.JPG
    both2.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 460
Hi Tony,

If you have the "new" batteries (at least firmware 2.6.0.0) then you can indeed wait for 10 days and they'll self-discharge. This averts total disaster but it still keeps your precious battery at full charge for 10 whole days - way more the maximum storage time allowed to avoid damage. All advice points to never leaving a LiPo at full charge for more than 24 hours.

All the best,
Proto
unless you set the timer to two days, then it aint so much an issue

I'll be using my phantom(s) & inspire(s) professionally very soon..
This means I will replace batteries or quads periodically (as my prices will account for depreciation & wear of the part / units)
If other "professionals" can't do the same that is unfortunate & they may need to review their pricing strategy?!
My pricing allows me to replace an inspire pro in 5-6 days of work.. & another consideration is that the quad(s) are "tools" which are also tax deductible.
I'm more than happy not to use this type of product - that's my opinion

Need to protect against the very hot bulb.
This is a very dangerous product as presented without so much as a warning.

Need to protect against the very hot bulb.
This is a very dangerous product as presented without so much as a warning.
Hya - indeed, the bulb gets insanely hot (its got so much power to use up!. The manual includes the required warning plus, trust me, 2 seconds after it start you can feel the heat from a meter away. Its actually the same level of heat as the old school 100W filament bulbs we all used to have in our homes. I really wouldn't call it a dangerous matter.

I'll be honest, I don't quite understand all the negativity. You've explained it's purpose, and in my opinion, you are offering a device that some may find useful. It's probably not for everyone, but I think it fits the bill for me. Ordered.

Reactions: Numone
Hey Wayne, thanks for the vote of confidence :)

To be honest apart from the discussion above I get loads of great feedback constantly (which is what motivates me to keep the project going actually). I've recently started posting it on the facebook page:
Security Check Required

Also, Lynh Phan (big on the facebook DJI circles) has just published his review of the latest version of the Angel (v3.0), and specifically the Phantom 4 version of it:
Phantom Angel Pro V3.0

I've been getting frustrated with the cheapo discharger I bought off eBay a few months ago. It doesn't like batteries that are close to maximum and switches itself off after a few seconds and it won't automatically condition them either. So I've put and order in for one of Alex Angel Pro's. Like many, I think as I've spent circa £350 on three additional batteries, I want to ensure all four are managed as well as possible and given I won't be upgrading my P3A anytime soon, I consider its a good investment.

Hi Kcso52

Well, these bulbs have a life expectancy of 2000 hours so, at 25 minutes a discharge (to storage level) we're looking at... well, more discharges than you'll ever do :) And even if it burns out these bulbs cost around $1 to replace - that's actually why I chose this kind of load for the Angel, does the job perfectly and is very cost effective.

The boards for the P3 Angel are being produced in Germany as we speak and I expect to have them in the next 6-8 weeks.

All the best,
Alex

Do you know what type of bulb it takes?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj