Phantom and Windows Phone

Reaction score
I would to order a Phantom but after reading a lot about them and doing all the downloads it appears I would not be able to use my windows phone. I only see apple and android listed, am I correct? I am not able or willing to change my cell phone so I think I am stuck.... :)

Macdougal said:
I would to order a Phantom but after reading a lot about them and doing all the downloads it appears I would not be able to use my windows phone. I only see apple and android listed, am I correct? I am not able or willing to change my cell phone so I think I am stuck.... :)

Yep Apple and Android only I'm afraid and unlikely DJI will go the Windows route for a while (if ever).

It only really affects the Phantom Vision anyway. The Phantom v1, v1.1.1 and the Phantom 2 are/will be 2.4ghz to fly and hence all the Wifi gizmos from the Vision won't be appearing on the Phantom 2 (shoot me down on this if I am wrong guys, that is just my understanding of it). The only thing therefore that you will miss out on is the use of the BTU (which allows you to upate the NAZA settings in the field via bluetooth).

If you are wanting the Vision then maybe consider a later gen Ipod touch maybe as I think this should work fine (has wifi, bluetooth, iOS 7 and a lot less cost than a phone).

I tried to download the app to my iPad mini and iPad Air but no success. If I choose the phone in the app store then it will download.

How would you get this app on a Windows Tablet like the HP Stream 7? Or is that asking way too much? Can the App be downloaded and transferred to the tablet AKA Dropbox etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20