Phantom and Transmitter will not connect

Reaction score
Greetings all.
My problem is that my radio will not connect with my Phantom 1 no matter what I try. All was good until I did a link between my PC and the Phantom to check for any software updates. Not sure that is even relevant, but that is the only thing I did between one flight and the next attempted one. So far, I have tried 3 different batteries in the phantom and replaced the radio batteries twice with brand new out of the package ones, I have attempted to reconnect to the PC, I have even opened up my phantom and checked the link lights on the mail board. If I power the Phantom first I get a solid red on the LED as soon as I turn on the radio the red LED goes off. If I turn the radio on first and then power up the Phantom the LED does not come on. If I press the reset button and hold it, it will flash red & green at the same time and continue to do that until I pull the power off. Each time that I go through this process, I move the throttle lever straight down, hold it there and wait for about 30 seconds or so and then try to start the motors by moving both sticks down and out. I have even gone so far as to try moving the sticks every possible direction and position together.
I am truly at a dead stand still here and would really appreciate some help from someone.
Thanks for reading this.
Tim

Attach your Phantom to a computer via the USB port. Run the Naza Assistant software from DJI (and download/install the Driver if you're on a PC).
Go to the RC screen, and verify that you have the right transmitter type selected, and that none of the axes are reversed.

Hi CityZen. I have connected to Naza-M V2 (with latest updates) and I get the following error - Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters. Reciever was set to Tradition - extra trial and error suggests that I should be on PPM, at least there my radio does move the onscreen sliders.
Well, it would seem that I didn't try everything. Your suggestions were dead on.
Can't express my thanks enough for your help. I was quite concerned that I was now the proud owner of an amazing looking paper weight.
Thanks again
Tim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj