Phantom always powering up in fail safe mode

Reaction score
I have a problem with my phantom.
Every time I turn it on it displays rapid yellow lights like in fail safe mode.( It says fail safe when I connect it to naza. ) With no connection to my remote. After at least 10 minutes I finally get some green lights. After lifting off after about 30 seconds I lose connection again and the phantom automatically goes into fail safe mode. I am about 10-20 feet away from the copter. I have replaced the ceramic antenna on the GPS, I have calibrated IMU, and everything is up to date. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

This would seem to indicate a problem with the control signal.

This can be either a controller or receiver issue (or both) thus GPS or IMU would not correct or improve this.

Assuming you have bound it recently look for damaged antennas, wires, or connections.

Last edited:
Check your right switch in the P2 Assist software and make sure its working. It could be switching to Failsafe without you knowing because of a poorly made switch.

@N017RW is on the money. If you've crashed recently, then chances that the receiver board inside the phantom could be crushed or knocked out. If you haven't, then chances that you could have a crimped antenna cable inside the remote.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4