Phantom Advanced sunk in lake

Reaction score
Yes my P3 is sunk after only about 2 weeks of use. I need to know what my options are at this point? All I have is the controller and charger. Can I purchase a new Standard and pair it to the controller and get the extra range since I have the upgraded controller? Can I get a replacement quadcopter without the controller? Any other advice will be appreciated. However I did recoup some of my investment with AMEX purchase protection FYI.

The P3 standard uses wifi rather than Lightbridge so their controllers are incompatible.
The regular P3s and the new Standard may look alike but they are very different birds.
You can buy a bare P3 but it's not very cost effective compared to buying a complete new P3 and selling the bits you don't need.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
DJI does not recommend landing in water. What P3 and what upgraded controller do you have? Try to sell these items and put that money toward a new bird with water wings.

Sorry you lost you P3, I like the sell your controller and go for a new one-- you could probably get 3 to 400 bucks for that one

Man this is the kind of thing that makes me nervous ... I fly over the VERY large Hudson River all the time. Sorry to hear about this ... good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Yes my P3 is sunk after only about 2 weeks of use. I need to know what my options are at this point? All I have is the controller and charger. Can I purchase a new Standard and pair it to the controller and get the extra range since I have the upgraded controller? Can I get a replacement quadcopter without the controller? Any other advice will be appreciated. However I did recoup some of my investment with AMEX purchase protection FYI.

What caused it to go down? Did you lose connection? Were you flying low? Hearing the details will help all of us learn from your unfortunate experience.

Sorry for your loss.

So
so sorry to hear of your loss, it is a risk we all take when we fly over water to get the footage we want. Sometimes our luck runs out for some reason.

You can order the spare phantom body from dji web store. And you can even order the advanced or professional gimbal camera too. Of course as a separate unit it will all be more expensive.

Or you could just buy a new set and sell off whatever old accessories you don't need.

So I was very new at flying and I believe I didnt have the RTH set properly. I took it up it lost signal and before I realized it was under. I wasnt keeping my ey on the machine but rather the screen so I didnt see it his the water. I was told it did a slow decent straight dow 100yrds out. After reading up I should of set the home pin on land so it had a return to home point when signal was lost. Sucks but in the end it was a lesson well learned

There is another post with the same loss! iF you can get it back to the surface....hire a diver....go to a local scuba club and ask for help....and if you do get it....bath in distiller water and move it around to flush out dirt....then cover in rice. This is typical advice...I would add....take the top cover off and fill with the rice also. The camera will be a write off....the lens although coated is likely to develop mould or other issues.

Strange..just clicked the one in your quote and takes me right to Classifieds .
Every time I click it, I get ' the requested page cannot be found' .. Maybe a firewall problem at my end. Glad it works for you

Every time I click it, I get ' the requested page cannot be found' .. Maybe a firewall problem at my end. Glad it works for you
Well just look in classifieds and maybe you will get lucky and find one Pete . Don't know why the link is not working for you..sorry .

It didnt swim away... Go Get It! You know pretty much where it is. Not a hard recovery at all.

Yep I know where it is. My thing is it worth a 3 hr drive with scuba gear to fish this thing out. Or sell off my controller and find a slightly used one. I figure if I could find it I would still be out at least $300-400. A day of my time is not worth the extra $200

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 376
In that case...toss the GPS coords out and someone else can go get it. I sure wouldnt mind filling a tank and jumping in a lake for a swamps P3!

Reactions: Daptone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4