Phantom acting strange

Reaction score
I got my Phantom in early December 13. I had maybe 30 or more flights with the stock camera mount and it was rock steady. Performed perfectly. I was not happy with the stills and video so I ordered a FPV system and gimbal. Now it doesnt have that steady hover like it did new and I have had a flyaway and today I was flying about 5 feet high about 20 yards out and it just flipped over and went down suddenly. I am not using wifi my fpv is 900mgz so that shouldnt cause problems. It is a 1.1.1. I have done the compass calibration and Naza assistant says it does not need IMU calibration. I have completely lost confidence in it now.
Also I was flying in a 200 acre field. No buildings or anything just a test flight. I dont know what else to do.

mengelman said:
Ok guess no one has any ideas or experienced this before?

Ok guess you'll have to wait more than an hour after your first post for a reply... lol have a little patience.

As for that exact problem, i can't say i've ever experienced it, many other issues yes, mostly of my own doing, but not the phantom flipping over and crashing for no good reason.

No I don't have manual mode programed in the Naza. I am sure it was in gps and I was flying slowly straight ahead watching for any problems.

Recalibrate everything and do an advanced calibration whether it says to or not.. It sounds like compass #s are too high.

I believe the motors were running when it flipped. It was a power flip. I heard the motors speed up I heald the sticks back as soon as I could. when I got to it the motors were off.

I have done an advanced calibration and will test again tomorrow. I have seen compass numbers posted on here but I cant remember what they were. Where would I look to find out where they should be?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31