Phantom accessories list

Reaction score
Now that i am getting my Phantom (P1.1.1) set up the way i want it its time to start accumulating all the accessories that i need to keep this hobby going on the right path. I would like some suggestions of suggested accessories. I dont want to narrow it down to just things I need. I would rather have this be a running list of good things to have if you own a Phantom. That way any new comers can reference this list and start getting things they need without making another post to waste time.

Also if you post an accessory post PLEASE try to post a link so we can see what you are telling us about. I know the links can become broken over time but it gives us a starting place. Also please post what that accessory does for you or what thing you can expect to gain from having it.

FPV hub to make connecting items to the bird easier.
Monitor.
Video link system. I use DJI's avl58 system.
iOSD on screen data display.
Tripod for the monitor or at least the mounting tray to the controller.

Personally, I'd just as soon start out with the 2 rather than the 1.
Not just for the longer flying time, but seems to fly better.

Those are all great things but i dont want to make it all about my P1.....what are good things for the P2 and P2V?
Things like prop balance....certain props..lipo checkers...stuff like that.

Your post is very broad.

But I'll humour you.

* Prop protectors
* Improved motors (T-motors)
* Improved blades (Tri-blades, carbon fibre)
* Propeller balancers
* Multiple batteries
* Battery doors
* FPV tx\rx systems
* OSD displays
* Improved antennas
* Ground station
* FPV goggles
* GPS tracker / logger
* Alternate landing gear
* Various cameras (nano through to compact DSLR)
* Camera mounts
* Camera gimbals

MonsieurAnon said:
Your post is very broad.

But I'll humour you.

* Prop protectors
* Improved motors (T-motors)
* Improved blades (Tri-blades, carbon fibre)
* Propeller balancers
* Multiple batteries
* Battery doors
* FPV tx\rx systems
* OSD displays
* Improved antennas
* Ground station
* FPV goggles
* GPS tracker / logger
* Alternate landing gear
* Various cameras (nano through to compact DSLR)
* Camera mounts
* Camera gimbals

I guess this thread isnt really going to work out.....I had left it broad for a reason. That reason is so that new people coming in have a "shopping list" of things they should try to get to maximize what they get out of this hobby. Your list above (while good) has been see hundreds of times. What your not telling us is what those accessories do for you. I know what those things all do and so do you. But the new person looking for help doesnt. Nor do they know a reputable place to get them.

For example your suggestion of tri-blade carbon fiber props....I have seen people with them on their quads but I have NEVER heard what the tri-blade offers over the standard prop? What size would i need for my phantom if i wanted to try these props that you like? What brand? Where did you get yours? A thread like this not only gives new people a place to look up their own questions but it also stops more seasoned members from becoming frustrated due to having to answer the same questions over and over and over. But if you dont build the database now then you are doomed to repeat the manual task of answering the same questions time and time again

What you seem to be suggesting is some kind of structured wiki, that is a central place for people to come to, to find all the necessary information, rather than having to search through pages and pages of forums. I don't think a forum post is a good place to do this though. Reddit or an actual wiki is a better place. What you might want to do is figure out a way to format this, then start filling it in yourself, then promote it on the forums etc.

A suggestion for example:

Propeller protectors

Prop protectors are popular for beginner pilots and people who fly in complex environments. They provide a shield that can prevent crashes or prop breakage during some crashes and are seen by many as analogous to training wheels.

Types:

* Stock DJI Phantom 1 / 2 protectors [link to manufacturers website]
... Pros; solid construction, official product
... Cons; incorrect installation can wreck motors, not aerodynamic, not field swappable
... Specs:
...... Weight; Xg
...... Dimensions (when installed)
... Further reading; links to Forum discussions
... Resellers; links to various product pages

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub