Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. jlrsn

Presently have a Phantom 3 Professional but receiving a new Phantom 4 in 2 days. Does the Remote Control for Phantom 4 select the DJI GO App for the Phantom 4 ignoring the Phantom 3 Pro DJI Go App also on my Tablet

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

There is only one version of DJI GO. You can use the same installation to fly both your Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 on the same mobile device. Just setup your Phantom 4 in DJI GO like you did when you bought your Phantom 3.

3. jlrsn

msinger,
    Thanks for your quick reply but now I'm really confused. The DJI GO App appears to do much more when controlling the Phantom 4 than the P3P. I guess I'll have to wait until I get my P4 and walk slowly before I run. I used to fly many different real airplanes and helicopters on the same day and mentally adjust my control of each different aircraft. I could fly a GV to FL 450 and upon landing jump into and fly a Turbine or Piston Powered Helicopter. As long as I stayed current on everything I flew it was a no brainer. It makes sense to set up the DGO GO App for the most uses and just use what each Drone can use.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

The DJI GO app will show you different settings/screens based on the type of drone you're flying. It's still the same app though.

5. jlrsn

Thanks msinger,
    That makes more sense. The way you clarified the different screens subject to the drone flown is what I expected.

6. Jayfdee

I use a Nexus 7,I also have Litchi installed, when I turn on the controller I get a choice box pop up asking which app I want to use,DJI, or Litchi. I use both but not at the same time, so nice option for the android system.