Phantom 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dji is a company like Apple.That means that the P4 is coming soon after the success of p3.Imagine the specs...

@dji, are good at keeping their own secrets. & it's been a great ride so far.
So I look forward to many pleasant surprises in the near future. ;-)

RedHotPoker

The first Iphone was revolutionary, the second was a huge step up, the 3rd had some nice extra features, the fourth had a bit bigger screen... and since then... it's just a spec war for people who run benchmarking apps.

A lot of product development is like this. The initial stuff is revolutionary, with huge steps between models. But very quickly, the progress becomes so marginal that most average users can barely tell the difference.

The All Important Christmas Season is around the corner and DJI has to have *something* new to sell. The Inspire cameras are for the top end of the market. They need something else for Christmas. To have enough time to ship to dealers and sell, they need to introduce it in the next few weeks. Now is the time to pay attention.

"DJI has to have *something* new..."
A brand new efficient customer service ? :)

The amusing part is that DJI reps have been promising big changes right around the corner... and they've been promising it for at least a year. If you don't feel like reading their empty promises in P3 thread, you can read the empty promises in P2 thread or P1 thread before that.

That said, I can understand DJI's growing pains. The company is growing like weeds. From everything we know, it's not like they treat their distributors and dealers better. And they probably want to discourage every dork that crashes their quad after they believe the advertising that "it flies itself straight out of the box" from warrantying every crash. There's a reason why they put in the "black box" sd card into P3s.

All phantoms are fantastic....p4...maybe...new frame,more flight time,built in monitor on the controller or dji headset system...

Will there be a new model for Christmas? I'm was going to get a P3P soon or shoul I wait?

Will there be a new model for Christmas? I'm was going to get a P3P soon or shoul I wait?
If you like the P3p go on and buy it....p4 will be something different and not the P3p.For me all phantoms are great starting from p1,it depends what specs you want.

Reactions: JKDSensei
I'm bettng it will have a landing pad for completely autonomous landing and automated battery swap out. Flys until it gets low on juice, comes home to its landing pad, lands itself, swaps in a fresh battery, takes back off.

Reactions: nynelyvz
Would that be called Phantom Romba? Hahaha

I only have a self inflating ego. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I would like a better camera, 15 megapixel and up, better sensor for low light and bigger aperture, f1.8 or f2.0. Everything else is good so keep it like it is. Before i forget, focus more on the DJI GO app instead for better features.

P4 should be a carbon fiber Hexapod with a one hour flight time with a 360 degree gimbal capable of lifting and controlling a Canon 7D mark II with a 300mm tele. It should have a 20 mile range with a top speed of 80 mph. The CF skin should be stealth configured and it should cost $1200 with 6 batteries, a hardshell case, 6 million dollars worth of liability insurance and should come with a 333 exception.

P4 should be a carbon fiber Hexapod with a one hour flight time with a 360 degree gimbal capable of lifting and controlling a Canon 7D mark II with a 300mm tele. It should have a 20 mile range with a top speed of 80 mph. The CF skin should be stealth configured and it should cost $1200 with 6 batteries, a hardshell case, 6 million dollars worth of liability insurance and should come with a 333 exception.

I like how you think!!

In 2 days, you might have an answer:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In 2 days, you might have an answer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic