Phantom 4 won't start

Reaction score
Hi all,
As the title says my P4 won't start up. Battery fully charged. Put it in and won't go. pressed power button then held till all 4 lights lit up but nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi all,
As the title says my P4 won't start up. Battery fully charged. Put it in and won't go. pressed power button then held till all 4 lights lit up but nothing. Am I doing something wrong?
To start the motors you need to hold both joy sticks down and in towards each other

P4startup
1 start remote controller (RC)
Press and release then press and hold till all lights and it plays a short tone.

2 start drone
Press and release then press and hold till all lights and it plays a short tone

3 engine start
Pull both joy sticks down and in towards the centre, and hold till motors start
I.E left stick at 25 past the hour and right stick 25 to the hour

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

RC is starting fine. Press button then hold all lights turn on but no beep and not turning on.

You must press and release then press and hold to get the tone. If you just press and hold you get all the lights no tone and no connection

You could try removing the battery and refitting sounds like battery not connected with drone
You can get all lights on battery when not in drone

The two pushes on the battery need to be quicker than that. You just turned the battery on, and then right back off again it looks like to me. I may be wrong, but you might try that.

When you power down the battery the reduce from 4 to 1 then none on the video they just went out.
But captianmilehigh is correct you were a bit slow between the press and press and hold

Have tried it quicker still wont turn on. have take the battery out and back in but still nothing, its very annoying now. Back to the shop I think

Sounds like a plan
I just did another test after watching your video again and your lights don't stay on after the second press could well be the battery. I had one of my first battery's did nothing no lights when on charge no sounds totally dead, I had 3 to play with so not so bad

no crashes brand new straight out of the box. think i will be having a nice chat with the store when they open on tuesday.....

P4startup
1 start remote controller (RC)
Press and release then press and hold till all lights and it plays a short tone.

2 start drone
Press and release then press and hold till all lights and it plays a short tone

3 engine start
Pull both joy sticks down and in towards the centre, and hold till motors start
I.E left stick at 25 past the hour and right stick 25 to the hour

This is 100% right. May not fix your issue but I have been learning as I've flown my p4 about 10 times that it's finicky and particular.

Starting up the remote not plugged into any iPad etc I've found makes a difference as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4