Phantom 4 wishlist

I would expect better photo/video controls and hardware, as the technology advances. Same with improved motors and batteries.

I wouldn't mind having an anticollision strobe of some sort on top of the case to make it more visible to other aircraft. And maybe one underneath to make it easier to spot in the sky.

But what I really want isn't likely to happen for a while: an integrated ADS-B/Mode C transponder. Maybe with TCAS!

Optical zoom .. yup!
But if not .... 'at least' digital zoom!!
That's just way over due!
Optical zoom would cost a lot in extra weight and dollars and be of limited use on a camera that flies.
Digital zoom isn't worth anything because it's useless.
You can do it yourself in Photoshop - and it's still useless.
Now and camera with a bigger and better sensor ... that would be worth the upgrade.

IMHO digital zoom is not worthless in a 4K camera, especially with the hover stability of the P3P .... at all.
Weight is relative to a yet unknown lifting capacity.
If designing a new platform ... then I'd like it to have the same capabilities the more pro systems use ... complete with optical zoom, but I'll settle for digital zoom if it can't be done. ;)

P.S. I recorded this video of two young bobcats playing near a creek on our property.
It was taken form about 100 yards away, off the rear deck of our home.
Recorded in 2012 using a 12X optical/48X digital zoom, 8mp Cannon PS5 point-n-shoot, while holding the camera ....
I cycle back and forth out of optical and into digital at a couple of points in the viddy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As far as weight for an optical zoom, the Asus ZenFone Zoom has a novel approach to a 12X 10 element lens system, optical zoom for 13mp camera ....that's in a package less than 12mm thick, would probably work just fine on a Phantom 'X'.
ASUS is bringing optical zoom to a reasonably sized smartphone

Ya just need to be able to think outside the box .... ;)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic