Phantom 4 will not calibrate compas

Reaction score
Ok so here is my horror story with DJI so far. Got a phantom 3 pro, was great everything worked awesome. The return to home button fell inside the remote after 1 flight testing out all the features. Exchanged it at bestbuy the new one I tested out of the box before even unwrapping it same thing button was inside the remote just barley pressing it. I fully returned it.
Went and got a phantom 4 yesterday updated all the firmware it wanted me to. Go to fly it and it keeps saying compas error. It won't calibrate no matter where I go or what I do. I did fly it at a low altitude for a test and flew fine. It also says (I took a screen shot) hardware error contact dji for repairs. This would have been the third phantom product I got that I will be exchanging. Should I exchange it or hope for a update to fix this?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3 MB · Views: 535
Here is another screen shot. Not sure if it is normal to say compass 2 disconnected.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 513
get another one

yes take it back until you get one that works to much money to go thru any problems

Reactions: Red88rick
So got my new phantom 4 exchanged tonight. This box is completely different. Has a few new designs and information on the front and sides. The handle to the case seems bigger (the last one I had a hard time getting my hand into). A different memory card still a 16 my last phantom 4 had a blue sd card this one is an all black Panasonic. And a dji care paper. That's the only differences i see as of now. I'm hoping this is a newer box rather than an older box.

New phantom is updated and all is ok. Was not able to fly it yet. But both compasses are registering through the app. Will try and fly it soon.

Reactions: flpholt
glad to hear you finally got one that works

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4