Phantom 4, what would you like

* 2D gimbal to support 360 camera. 360 horizontal X 270 Vertical 360 FOV spherical video. With the 360 video they can introduced software collision avoidance, very similar to how Vertical Studio's app tracks an object. Legs need to be raised for 360 spherical vids. The 360 vids can be later cropped back to 16:9 1080p vids. Advantage of this is that the tilting and panning will no longer show tearing in the footage.
* Upside down motors - water resistance to fly in rain.
* Hardware optical image camera stabilisation. This will help to compensate for small horizons tilting.
* 3 motor algorithm for motor failure - if one motor fails or loss of prop, the craft can try to do a controlled crash landing.
* OSD on distance to objects, like your reverse parking display in your Car.
* Phase out the compass. Find another method for direction.
* Flat packable/folderble/compactabilty - disconnect legs/gimbal
* LCD display on phantom - shows written status/warnings.
* Backpack and extra battery to be included in initial package.
* Cheaper parts and easy to fix.

When is DJI expecting to push out Phantom 4? I just got my Phantom 3 in October. Would be annoying to see already another one pushed out. There's still things in the firmware that needs addressing. Why push a highly sold product to the side and work on the 'next greatest' thing. I'd love to see what the next Phantom will have, but **** let the current Phantom live a bit longer. I still need to fly this in the spring, still haven't yet.

When is DJI expecting to push out Phantom 4? I just got my Phantom 3 in October. Would be annoying to see already another one pushed out. There's still things in the firmware that needs addressing. Why push a highly sold product to the side and work on the 'next greatest' thing. I'd love to see what the next Phantom will have, but **** let the current Phantom live a bit longer. I still need to fly this in the spring, still haven't yet.
Makes sense from a business prospective. Newer product keeps them ahead of the competition and depending what they add and see in the pipeline, would enable them to get many that bought a P3 to switch and purchase a newer model. I'm generally one who likes to be on the cutting edge of technology but for me, I'd be okay not being an early adopter to a new quad.

Well as for me, the P3 Pro is literally as good as Inspire 1. For that, I love my Phantom 3 Pro. If they do make a P4, hopefully they still support the P3 series with firmware updates and addon's. They can't just abandon a product that made them a **** load of money.

Well as for me, the P3 Pro is literally as good as Inspire 1. For that, I love my Phantom 3 Pro. If they do make a P4, hopefully they still support the P3 series with firmware updates and addon's. They can't just abandon a product that made them a **** load of money.
I was going to say that usually doesn't happen in other areas of the tech world but from all the storied I have heard about DJI, I would not be hopeful (I guess look at what happened with the P2).

I was going to say that usually doesn't happen in other areas of the tech world but from all the storied I have heard about DJI, I would not be hopeful (I guess look at what happened with the P2).
Just curious, what happened with the P2?

well, the dji phantom 2 vision was released in nov 2013, phantom 2 vision+ in april 2014. phantom 3 was released in april 2015. so the phantom 4 might be summer 2016?

as for what dji will build into the phantom 4? probably the stuff that in the inspire...360 camera, detachable camera, hdmi, etc.

as for cannibalization, the camera world does this all the time as models evolve and the cheaper models become better than the higher end models in some ways, etc.

Just curious, what happened with the P2?
Nothing much
DJI just developed a machine that was 10x better than it and everyone quickly forgot the P2 series.
Whenever DJI get around to their next big thing it's unlikely to be such a huge advance ahead of the P3 as the P3 was for the P2.

I am in the "Phantom 3 Plus" kind of like Apple does with the iPhone and we will see a totally new model in 16.

So I would like to see in the "3Plus";

Removable legs for transport
Removable Camera for transport and optional devices and Osmo swapping.
Add ons - add a tracker, add a chute, add an emergency floatation device, emergency backup power to fly and land for 2 minutes or whatever it takes to move 400' down and say 500' over.

These would be baked in to the new totally redesigned P4 released in 2016.

Reactions: John N Kronyak
Something waterproof would be extremely nice, or at least a waterproof version that might cost a couple hundred dollars more.

Wider landing gear would definitely be a plus too. my Syma X8c has wider landing gear than my phantom, and even though it doesnt have GPS or anything fancy, I cna still land it just as stable as my P3.

interchangeable parts in the Gimbal/VPS area would be great as well. One thing I could definitely see is some kind of compact emergency Flotation device being interchangeable for the VPS, especially since you're supposed to turn off the VPS while flying over water. even if its just something that would keep your quad from sinking, getting the footage back is better than getting absolutely nothing back.

Reactions: John N Kronyak
Reading the wish list, we must have a pretty darn good platform already. This is a good sign for dji.
They can now focus on customer service. Of course they face a different problem than say a TV manufacturer: an increasing amount of users that test the flight boundaries, and when they get failures try to get their phantom replaced. On the positive side, pushing the envelope will force them to concentrate on improving reliability.
Think some certified private dealers for problems would be better. Business for home based small businesses.

About the Zoom... As much as I'd love to see one added, I believe it'll cause no end of controversy in the privacy wars surrounding drones. As it is, I can fly my aircraft 100' above someone, and if they claim I'm "spying", I can gladly show the screen and show that there's no way any spying is going on, because the shot is from so far away. Add zoom capabilities, and this is no longer true.
I don't think most of us are at the spy level. CMON.

Good advice. Thanks.
Before 1.JPG After 2.JPG Before 3.JPG After 4.JPG
the rock..nod.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1