Phantom 4, what would you like

I totally agree. That's the Apple philosophy. However, there is no doubt that when you turn on an Apple product, it will work every time, exactly as advertised. There are many current P3 owners who cannot make the same claim. I'm not an Apple fanatic (my first and only purchase was an Ipad 2 mini exclusively for use with my P3) but their closed system approach does have it's benefits. As far as the extra cost, hands up who spent an extra 3 to 500 dollars (or more) after purchasing their P3 to get a good fpv device? It's a cost that could be included when buying the quad, not one we'd have to make after. But it does come down to choice. We have the ability now to choose the platform and quality of device we want for our fpv experience. Choose wisely.

I'm with you, I had to buy an iPad to get the best out of the P3 and I'm definitely not an apple fan. That being said, that ipad you bought could be used on the next Phantoms. If it was part of the transmitter, you wouldn't have that luxury. You'd be paying more for your next phantom with built-in monitor. With something that's upgraded so often, like a computer, I refuse to buy an AIO system that includes the monitor.

Must...escape...pull...of...irrefutable...logic! Alright, you've got me. The last AIO I bought was a stereo back in 1980. That was a disaster. Let's just hope that by the time P4 arrives my humble ipad mini 2 will still be able to run DJI's GO app. (whadda ya mean my ipad won't run IOS 40.6.2?!)

Must...escape...pull...of...irrefutable...logic! Alright, you've got me. The last AIO I bought was a stereo back in 1980. That was a disaster. Let's just hope that by the time P4 arrives my humble ipad mini 2 will still be able to run DJI's GO app. (whadda ya mean my ipad won't run IOS 40.6.2?!)

Haha, or the Phantom 4 comes out next month and your mini 2 runs the app just fine but you just bought a P3 and feel like you've been had.

Reactions: wordsmith
Used to fly news gatheting in a 406 bell with a tyler gyro cam, could zoom in a quarter mile and read a car plate...it can be done....and what about crash avoidance? The Matrice has it??

I would also second the built in 7 inch monitor. It then comes ready to go and no fighting with phones to find the one which works best. The biggest problem for me is still the lag or latency of the video feed. To fly true FPV and in very tight spots through gaps etc is not really possible like it was with the Phantom 2 and analogue video feed. Please give us real time video!! Another thing that would be really nice is some sort of effective hood to stop the light reflecting off the phone or monitor. I think for the weight and size the camera is very good on the P3 Pro that I have. The gimmicks (like follow me etc) are nice but not a biggie for me. I use it as a professional tool for filming at different locations and think the real time video and possibly a built in touch screen monitor would be really nice

Im curious, what would you like the new Phantom 4 to have? What do you think it will have? What it should have for you to upgrade from Phantom 3?

A massive FOV so instead of turning the camera left or right to see,you could use your peripheral vision too help avoid obstacles.

Extended and widened landing gear. While we're at it make it retractable.

And a stronger gimbal so it doesn't come flying off in a relatively small crash like mine did.($700.00 new camera unit, ouch).

Unsure if someone already posted this, but anyway here is my wish.
Even if I am sure that a zoom optic would be awesome, I am also sure that it wolid add wheight and complexity to the system (and, by the way, it would reduce flight time).
Therefore, having the chance to change optics would be all I need.

I love my P3. Never had a problem with it. I don't want a P4. I would, however, like to not be limited to 500m positive altitude from the home point. That's all.
I suggest you launch from an elevated perch. ;-)
Get all, of the height, you desire then. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: dommycork
1. Taking pictures while recording video - should have been there on P3.
2. Longer battery life is always good.
3. 12V multiple battery charger from DJI so I don't have to use an inverter to charge in my car.
4. Higher bit rate cam @16MP

Better camera and higher bit rate. Built in ND filters. And all of the above.

- No cracks!
- Better battery life.
- More robust
- Roll back fw (hate you DJI)
- Film at night

Longer flight time 30-40 mins?
better camera (mega pixel wise)
optical zoom
small backup battery in case of main battery failure
built in GPS tracker app type gizmo that does not need a sim type thing (just in case you lose it)
shells that don't crack (obvious really)
better LED disco lights - gotta be blue! IMO if they do - only kidding but I did read a thread on here a while back and I shouldn't snigger but the chap in question wondered if the leds were an upgrade to make the quad look cooler :) I suppose we all ask daft questions at some point, it was good to see at the time no one took the P1 :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj