Phantom 4, what would you like

A decent camera with variable diafragma and zoom.Off course controllable from the Tx.
....and 30 minuts flighttime...
Love the ZOOM factor. I'm a Nature photographer who does not want to intimidate my subjects with noise and proximity

If zoom were an option, I'd to see it operated by a scroll wheel on the remote....similar to what the tilt movements are already.

I'd like to see a waterproofing option added...it's been done before by Liquipel. But an OEM option/ add-on would be awesome.

1. App that doesn't crash every time.

2. 16+MP cam would be great.

3. Better customer support.

Im curious, what would you like the new Phantom 4 to have? What do you think it will have? What it should have for you to upgrade from Phantom 3?

Get rid of the flimsy plastic body that will crack if you breath on it hard.

Considering my P2 is sitting at the bottom of Convict Lake in 140' of water, and the fact that I do lots of surf filming, it would be great if the birds would either float and have the ability to seal up. If all that is too much, just allow the GoPro or P3 camera to eject itself and float to the surface somehow so at least I can capture the video.

Oh, and add a tracking component so we don't have to buy external GPS units and strap them with Velcro. Mine started looking like a junkyard with all the "extras" strapped or screwed to it.

Ok I should contribute too. Besides a better after sales support, most ideas already posted.

1-3D camera with 3D fpv googles would be amazing.

2-Longer range with waypoints and a smart obstacle avoidance.

3-I would be happy with 30min batt if consistent and cheaper batteries.

4-Much more resistant shell and gimbal unit. Some more weather proofing would be nice too.

5-Improved VPS.

6-More color options.

7-Better legs.

8-Come in a bag instead of a box.

9-Detachable camera mount for more choices.

10-Night vision camera.

12-Landing lights.

13-Allow body to be opened easily for maintenance, to check damage, repairs etc. If they sell the parts we should be able to replace them too.

I think its a bit absurd to think it's even remotely possible for DJI to think a mainstream platform such as the Phantom needs thermal imaging.

Sure, thermal imaging might be something someone somewhere needs but it's definitely not something the masses are looking for.

We don't even have POI yet... Something most of us want and we're promised.

POI?
I have just started that phase of teaching myself to perform POI - great fun!
I must upload my effort from yesterday - I came very very close to broadsiding into the only tree in the entire area.
The drone god was watching over me.

I think that a camera with zoom would decrease the image quality and that is not a good idea.

Better to have a larger sensor and more pixels!

Something I really hope for is a better quality shell the plastic these are made of is so soft it doesn't take much to damage it. Myself and I am sure others would be willing to sacrifice a few minutes of flight time for weight increase with a better shell. Low altitude crashes won't be so destructive.

Probably the best plastic they could be made from is Poly Carbonate. The problem in not just the extra cost of the plastic, it would only cost a dollar or less, it is the longer cycle times, higher temperatures and more expensive molds needed. The factory where the Phantom is molded may mold many other products that are made of the same plastic used in the Phantom so they can just rotate molds rather than clean a machine and convert to another plastic.

Probably the best plastic they could be made from is Poly Carbonate. The problem in not just the extra cost of the plastic, it would only cost a dollar or less, it is the longer cycle times, higher temperatures and more expensive molds needed. The factory where the Phantom is molded may mold many other products that are made of the same plastic used in the Phantom so they can just rotate molds rather than clean a machine and convert to another plastic.

Whatever it takes, I wish these things weren't so weak and easily breakable.

I would like a company other than DJI to manufacture and service the Phantom 4.

Better support for problems that are not caused by the buyer. I only had my P3P about 3 weeks and it quit working. There is a problem with the electronics. I sent it back for repairs and they said it would take at least 8 weeks to repair. It will be gone 3 times as long as I have had the drone. That will be using up about 18% of my warranty time. I think there should be a faster turn around for the people that didn't brake the drone themselves. If when they check the P3P in they could see that it had never had a scratch and I wasn't something that I caused.
I do think the P3P is a great product, but before I buy another on I will wait to see what others do for customer service.
Please, we need better customer service. It is not acceptable, in year 2015, that we need to wait around 6-7 weeks to get a service to our product or a RMA.

1. Much better Customer Service
  2. Much better manuals & tutorials
  3. Proximity Sensors & collision avoidance
  4. Water resistance - perhaps floatation
    Follow-me

Hmmmm, lots of good ideas here. What about a built-in 8" fpv screen on the remote? That way, they don't have to do cross platform updates for the GO app, and we'd get rid of at least 40% of the posts on this forum where owners are having problems getting everything to work together properly. We'd also eliminate situations where one platform gets features the other doesn't, and cut down on wait times for firmware updates caused by platform testing. Just my 2 cents worth.:)

Reactions: saltire
Hmmmm, lots of good ideas here. What about a built-in 8" fpv screen on the remote? That way, they don't have to do cross platform updates for the GO app, and we'd get rid of at least 40% of the posts on this forum where owners are having problems getting everything to work together properly. We'd also eliminate situations where one platform gets features the other doesn't, and cut down on wait times for firmware updates caused by platform testing. Just my 2 cents worth.:)

All those advantages you listed are great but it would definitely increase the cost of what some already feel is an expensive quad.

It's like buying an iMac... You're paying for the monitor again everytime you upgrade.

All those advantages you listed are great but it would definitely increase the cost of what some already feel is an expensive quad.

It's like buying an iMac... You're paying for the monitor again everytime you upgrade.
I totally agree. That's the Apple philosophy. However, there is no doubt that when you turn on an Apple product, it will work every time, exactly as advertised. There are many current P3 owners who cannot make the same claim. I'm not an Apple fanatic (my first and only purchase was an Ipad 2 mini exclusively for use with my P3) but their closed system approach does have it's benefits. As far as the extra cost, hands up who spent an extra 3 to 500 dollars (or more) after purchasing their P3 to get a good fpv device? It's a cost that could be included when buying the quad, not one we'd have to make after. But it does come down to choice. We have the ability now to choose the platform and quality of device we want for our fpv experience. Choose wisely.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1