Phantom 4, what would you like

About the Zoom... As much as I'd love to see one added, I believe it'll cause no end of controversy in the privacy wars surrounding drones. As it is, I can fly my aircraft 100' above someone, and if they claim I'm "spying", I can gladly show the screen and show that there's no way any spying is going on, because the shot is from so far away. Add zoom capabilities, and this is no longer true.

Camera zoom would be great. Not even necessarily incredibly high magnification, just some level of zoom to help tweak shots.

Avoidance. Help keep it from running into trees, buildings, etc when possible.

A low power reserve mode that could give it just enough to send location and make sound to help find it.

4K60 is pretty much assumed at this point.

And the ability to take a photo while recording video - this is something I keep trying to do anyways.

Reactions: John N Kronyak
Better support for problems that are not caused by the buyer. I only had my P3P about 3 weeks and it quit working. There is a problem with the electronics. I sent it back for repairs and they said it would take at least 8 weeks to repair. It will be gone 3 times as long as I have had the drone. That will be using up about 18% of my warranty time. I think there should be a faster turn around for the people that didn't brake the drone themselves. If when they check the P3P in they could see that it had never had a scratch and I wasn't something that I caused.
I do think the P3P is a great product, but before I buy another on I will wait to see what others do for customer service.

I'm simple...all I want is what should be expected of something you drop $1300 on: Stability.

I'll take bulletproof reliability over adding new features. I shouldn't be afraid to fly this thing (on my 3rd, after failed motor, failed compass). Fix the reliability and quality control, and the sh*tty customer service problem magically evaporates.

• Quick Release Gimball System.
  • Quick Release Legs.
  • More powerfull sensor and lens / no Jello.
  • Horizon issues perfected.

Reactions: taroh
Quick disconnect fitting on antennas so different 3rd party antennas could be used without opening case

Reactions: davestern2
A built in GPS tracker that runs off its own individual power source allowing the device to run long after the Phantom main battery has been depleted. A built in Marco Polo tracker.

We are a long way from my next suggestion but an avoidance device. Not one to prevent user error/crashing when flying but one that could communicate with manned aircraft. An automatic avoidance/ change of altitude or RTH should a manned aircraft be in the vicinity. This would eliminate wreck-less quad pilots ruining our hobby.

Not read past your post yet....but a couple of points...
I may be wrong but, to warn manned aircraft...would need a radio on a specific frequency/channel. If such a system is not already in place...the costs of radio modifications/ replacements..world wide would be huge and take years. The various countries Civil Aviation authorities would say...pilots have enough to deal with and the current regulations cover such breeches, if incidents increase they are more likely to get an " on the spot fine" system implemented and wardens/ Rangers employe red to patrol and collect?
Wet blanket time. Nothing stops car drivers speeding or breaking other motoring laws. If it's in their mentality of self and ...why not attitude. Rules and laws are for the guidance of wise men (and women)
I do think an inbuilt and independent power supplied Flytrex type of locator would be great...but it then needs a sim slot?
DJI and others like them have bean counters who work out the unit and implementation costs and profitability. It also increases the purchase price.
Just my views on business and civil authorities.

A horizon tilt fix. That would just be sweet.

- Real life 25 minute flight time
- micro 4/3 sensor
- quick release gimbal that you can use off the quad
- Parachute system, like DJI Dropsafe

Reactions: Joao Carlos
thermal or ir option.

I have seen a company on the web that has flir cameras for the P2, mostly to analyze pipes, ac, roofs etc. It wasnt overly expensive, I believe around $1000 with the drone included. These cameras are a bit more accessible, but to have true long range flir is still pretty far off.

Reactions: Farmer
I think its a bit absurd to think it's even remotely possible for DJI to think a mainstream platform such as the Phantom needs thermal imaging.

Sure, thermal imaging might be something someone somewhere needs but it's definitely not something the masses are looking for.

We don't even have POI yet... Something most of us want and we're promised.

Wider landing gear, crash avoidence, zoom lens, 60 min flight times, black body.
Yes, it definitely needs a new landing gear. 60 min flight time? I wouldn't hold your breath just yet. Zoom.. I'm kinda worried we won't see that for a while since wide angle lenses reduce camera shake so there's a reason you don't have a long focal length on something that shakes as much as a cheap Phantom.

Ability to switch to full manual mode.
Lol you think DJI has a lot of warranty work as it is... Imagine all the people who put their Phantoms into manual mode, crashed it, then sent it off for warranty repairs.

Unlikely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers