Phantom 4 vs Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
I was curious how much more stable( aircraft movement while hovering) the Phantom 4 is compared to the Phantom 3 Pro.

I was also curious about live video feed clarity. I know the Phantom 3 Pro is 10mbps compared to the 2mbps of the Phantom 3 Adv, but what about the Phantom 4?

Also another thing I've read multiple times, is that the P3P has a "stronger" controller than that of the P4? What's your take on that claim?

I know weird questions, but I just purchased a refurbished P3P as a back up drone and would like to know these things. Thank you

I've had and flown both, so here are my experiences to your questions:

1) When viewing your bird from the ground, the P4 moves around less. In reality, I haven't noticed any difference while shooting video.

2) The video clarity is just what is transmitted to the device attached to your controller, so no impact on the high quality video that's written to your SD card. I believe both the P3P and P4 can transmit up to 10mpbs, but I actually prefer lower rates as it can transmit farther more cleanly, and I can't really tell a difference anyway with all of the light reflected on my screen outside.

3) The P3P used to be sold with a stronger controller, but these days both birds come with the GL300C which has less transmit power than earlier or other options.

4) P3P is a great bird and a perfect backup IMHO. I'd pocket the savings and never look back as it is very similar to the P4, especially when it's not your primary bird.

Reactions: KingDad1985
I've had and flown both, so here are my experiences to your questions:

1) When viewing your bird from the ground, the P4 moves around less. In reality, I haven't noticed any difference while shooting video.

2) The video clarity is just what is transmitted to the device attached to your controller, so no impact on the high quality video that's written to your SD card. I believe both the P3P and P4 can transmit up to 10mpbs, but I actually prefer lower rates as it can transmit farther more cleanly, and I can't really tell a difference anyway with all of the light reflected on my screen outside.

3) The P3P used to be sold with a stronger controller, but these days both birds come with the GL300C which has less transmit power than earlier or other options.

4) P3P is a great bird and a perfect backup IMHO. I'd pocket the savings and never look back as it is very similar to the P4, especially when it's not your primary bird.
Thank you for your thoughts! My main bird is a P4Pro that has developed stress cracks, so I figured I would get a back up while the P4P is being repaired as I tend to fly everyday. Once again I appreciate the reply ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen