Phantom 4, video transmission problem, strange green stripes

Reaction score
Hi,
Got a new phantom 4 yestarday and I have a problem with live video on my screen. Have the latest firmware, but on the screen I have green stripes and a lot o lags. (the screenshoot was taken when im standing about 2 meters from Phantom) Please help, I cant fly with so many lags i freezes. Check the picture below. Thx for any help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-28-12-09-13.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-28-12-09-13.png
    713.6 KB · Views: 2,314
Last edited:
Luqus,

There will be more knowledgeable folk on the way shortly,I am sure, who will know if this can be explained, however search for some of the recent posts on the Dji go iOS app (if that is what you are using) 2.8.1 update which came out a couple of days ago.

People, including myself, are reporting video problems, and your screenshots look like some of the ropey video I had a couple of days ago.

C

Edited for spelling/autocorrect fails

Had this issue with Mini2 and went to my Galaxy phone (crystal clear)...Went back to the office and grabbed an iPad, and didn't have any issue with it at all..What device are you using..?

Had this issue with Mini2 and went to my Galaxy phone (crystal clear)...Went back to the office and grabbed an iPad, and didn't have any issue with it at all..What device are you using..?
right now im using galaxy A5, want to buy ipad, but I dont know which model to buy, mayby ipad mini 2?

right now im using galaxy A5, want to buy ipad, but I dont know which model to buy, mayby ipad mini 2?

I'm not a fan of Apple products, and would much rather use a Samsung tab, but my work is apple friendly...There are some other threads, where users list their pros/cons to certain devices

I'm not a fan of Apple products, and would much rather use a Samsung tab, but my work is apple friendly...There are some other threads, where users list their pros/cons to certain devices[/QUso, what androide device should I buy, tablet, but wich one, tell me please?

I have great luck with my Galaxy S5 phone, it is just too small to be useful. I imagine that any Galaxy tab with some *** behind it would do perfectly

Two week owner of PH 4. Same green, pink purple ropy "noise" issue. Using Samsung Tab S 10.5 (18 months old). Some jerkiness associated with the stripes etc, which also show up in videos/photos. I wonder about settings of camera (ISO, Shutter etc) to help, but thats above my current pay grade.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Thanks J...was already at 3840x2160 30 FPS..I am challenged, but I think that is what you were referring to?

First off, save your flight data to teh cloud and delete you DJI Go app and re-install it. If you are using the 2.8.2 firmware on your iOS device there have been a ton of problems with it.
It seems a re-install is fixing the issues. You can tell if you have the "bad" 2.8.2 by going to your video options and seeing if you have the 2.7k recording option.
If you dont, you have th ebad 2.8.2 firmware.
re-install the Go app and see if you get the 2.7k video option.
If you dont, you are best to find the "revert back to 2.8.1 firmware" thread in the P4 Help forum and follow those instructions.

If you DO have the 2.7k video option then try this:

You need to change a few settings on what info the copter feeds to your TX and device. Most importantly the feeds bandwidth. I use 6MB (8MB is default) if you are still having dropouts drop it to 4mb.
and also the Hardware decoding option. (so its Green) This makes it easier and less cumbersome for your iPad to translate the info.

I had the same problem with mine. I use an iPad Mini 4 and this solved all my issues of poor feed quality.

HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

Last edited:
Not using iOS, using a Samsung TabS 10.5.
I do have the 2.7 (2704x1520)? But with using the Samsung, is that still an issue?

Will feeds need to be changed for the Samsung?
No idea where to even start that process. Aged but not computer wise yet.

Does speed of SD card have anything to do with it?

Thank you!

Not using iOS, using a Samsung TabS 10.5.
I do have the 2.7 (2704x1520)? But with using the Samsung, is that still an issue?

Will feeds need to be changed for the Samsung?
No idea where to even start that process. Aged but not computer wise yet.

Does speed of SD card have anything to do with it?

Thank you!

My reply was for the original poster...

However, the same applies to your Android device for the data feed settings etc in your Go app...

You can go here for android help:

Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl