Phantom 4 Video Output

Reaction score
Finally got a phantom 4 for Christmas, and this thing is totally awesome! I've only had time to fly it 3 times so far but here are the issues I'm dealing with.

1. How do you change the video output from .mov to MP4? I can't figure it out for the life of me. I'm using DJI Go on an iPad Air 2.

2. I'm getting a forward sensor error saying I need to calibrate the forward sensors? I have to calibrate right out of the box?

3. I bought a new 64gb micro sd card - sandisk extreme plus 95mb/s. I am having issues formatting the card. After format on the computer the phantom is only seeing 27 gb. I then format inside of the DJI Go app it shows the full 64 but then the videos won't read on my computer? Computer says to reformat and I lose all my data. So for now it's working but I'm only utilizing 27gb of the 64? What gives?

Any help to any of these issues would greatly be appreciated!

How do you change the video output from .mov to MP4? I can't figure it out for the life of me.
DJI-GO-Video-Format.png

I'm getting a forward sensor error saying I need to calibrate the forward sensors?
Did you remove the stickers from the sensors?

I then format inside of the DJI Go app it shows the full 64 but then the videos won't read on my computer?
What happens?

View attachment 71836

Did you remove the stickers from the sensors?

What happens?

Thanks for the reply! Funny you mention, my drone didn't have any of the stickers on the sensors or on the camera lens. I did a google search and some people were saying this must be the newer models being produced? I bought from BestBuy.

As far as the memory card, if I format the card while it's in the drone I get the full 64gb but when i try and transfer the files to my PC it says that I need to format the SD card and I cannot read it - hence I lose my videos. I used FAT32 to format and the card says it's only 27gb? Very strange. This particular Sandisk claims it is made for drones and 4K UHD. Not a huge deal as I'm learning huge amounts of space aren't needed for 15-20 min flights.

If the forward sensors are clean and that message doesn't go away no matter where you take your Phantom, then try calibrating the sensors like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As far as the memory card, if I format the card while it's in the drone I get the full 64gb but when i try and transfer the files to my PC it says that I need to format the SD card and I cannot read it
I've never experienced that one. Perhaps someone else who had the same issue will chime in.

Thanks. I'll check out the calibration video!

Have you heard anyone else not having the stickers on the sensors? Also, there was not any clear film on the camera lens. Just the plastic bracket affixed to the legs.

Did you have to remove any stickers? Was the Phantom box sealed with a clear sticker on the front?

on the far right, there is a camera that has a circle around it, click on that and it will bring up the video.

Reactions: Echopiece
Click the three lines below the shutter button to get to that menu.

Yes the box was sealed. I had stickers on the arms and on the DJI logo and one on the bottom of the gimbal. It was brand new.
It's nothing to worry about then. Other P4 owners have noticed some differences with the sticker placement in the past.

I can't get the menu. I clicked the camera with the circle around it.. Then clicked three lines down but I only get a green box around the three lines down? I'm really confused?

I've been messing with this for 2 days. To make matters worse I'm a retired software engineer? This Phantom 4 pro was really kicking my butt! Making me feel stupid!

I was thinking about the Phantom while sitting outside with the wife enjoying the 80 degrees and sun. I thought I'd give it another go. Got online and looked over some posts from other members. Turned on the tx & drone. Started following the bouncing ball. Then it occurred to me that maybe the 4 Pro does not have a 'Menu'. I started looking over the screen and saw a camera outline at the top of the screen. Tapped it and bingo! There was the 'mov'. Tapped the arrow and got the MP4 to select.

I'm really a fixed wing person but I''m really warming up to the quad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31