Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Redline5th

Hey guys! Just curious, is it possible to broadcast live 1080 footage to another camera/device with the Phantom 4? (As in for live TV broadcast.) Back in "the day" you had to have Light Bridge/Light Bridge 2. Is this still the case with the Phantom 4?

2. John Locke

P4 can't broadcast 1080, it doesn't have Lightbridge 2, it uses Lightbridge 1. Only Lightbridge 2 can downlink 1080 to the ground, but then streaming that much data to YouTube will take a very good LTE connection with your smart device. I haven't heard of any 1080 streaming success from M600 owners with Lightbridge 2, or even if the GO app can support it yet. I'm guessing it's unlikely at this time.

#2 John Locke, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  3. Redline5th

That's what I was thinking. Has anyone installed Light Bridge 2 on a P4? I tried searching and didn't find anything on it. How hard would it be to add in the Air Module to the craft?

4. John Locke

It won't fit. It needs to be shrunk. I expect this technology to appear in P5 next year. But I expect LB2 support for Inspire 2 this Fall.

5. Redline5th

I see! I guess the same goes for the P3 since they're very similar in size. Thanks for all of your help!