Phantom 4 Video Downlink/Live Stream

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just curious, is it possible to broadcast live 1080 footage to another camera/device with the Phantom 4? (As in for live TV broadcast.) Back in "the day" you had to have Light Bridge/Light Bridge 2. Is this still the case with the Phantom 4?

P4 can't broadcast 1080, it doesn't have Lightbridge 2, it uses Lightbridge 1. Only Lightbridge 2 can downlink 1080 to the ground, but then streaming that much data to YouTube will take a very good LTE connection with your smart device. I haven't heard of any 1080 streaming success from M600 owners with Lightbridge 2, or even if the GO app can support it yet. I'm guessing it's unlikely at this time.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. Has anyone installed Light Bridge 2 on a P4? I tried searching and didn't find anything on it. How hard would it be to add in the Air Module to the craft?

I see! I guess the same goes for the P3 since they're very similar in size. Thanks for all of your help!

Hi guys, there is any news about linking P4 to Lightbridge 1/2 ground unit? Is this possible?

Thanks!

This works . . get yourself a TS832 5Ghz transmitter (any UAV store) or HobbyKing etc and a small voltage regulator RCTimerUBEC for 5vDC output and you can have a friend walk around with a portable monitor with 1080p resolution and see what the P4Pro sees. . . you need a couple of special cables and a mini-HDMI2AV converter and a spare battery . . but all are available online. I put this together pretty cheaply and it's quite effective . . I have not tested the range but I'm guessing it 100m or more at least in line of sight . . maybe the same 2km+range it worked on my home-built UAV

The monitor is a dual band 7" Black Pearl "diversity" monitor . . Maybe $250 but I've seen them for as little as $90USD and TS832 with 30 channels for about $30 The RCtimer UBEC 5v is typically $5-6 and the mini HDMI2AV converter was $16 but I've seen them for a little as $7 . . You can see in the second photo the converter is powered by the P4Pro controller USB Port but I assume it could run from the other miniUSB port. The Black pearl has it's own dual internal receiver and rechargeable and/or external battery. WORKS LIKE A GEM!
upload_2017-8-22_10-10-28.png

upload_2017-8-22_10-7-4.png

Here it is operational . . now if it would stop raining I can go do some range testing. Connections
Black Pearl - no connections (that's the hole point of walking around freely)
MiniHDMI2AV Converter power plugs into the P4Pro USB Port and an AV OUT (yellow cable/Gnd) goes to the TS832
Battery power for the TS832 goes through a UBEC to output a stable 5v to the TS832
Select any channel on the TS832 and the Black Pearl will pick it up in one of it's 2 receivers

You are now free to move about the planet!

upload_2017-8-22_10-38-36.png

Here is the operational results from some initial testing. There is definitely better more expensive equipment out there but this is pretty simple and cheap. It works quite well in good sun or shade and out to about 50m (150ft) . . depending on what is between you and the operator. The remote monitor starts to break up and and flutter at about 150ft. Here are photos of the finished controller attachments (no modification of the controller or P4Pro is used . . or needed) . . just plug into existing ports and power available.
upload_2017-8-22_13-51-32.png

Most of it stows out of the way, underneath and does not interfere with the controls or flying . . It's a bit heavier but I did not find it too much to hold for half hour at a time even without a neck strap.
upload_2017-8-22_13-53-38.png

In normal lighting . . displays are quite stable and readable. . . not enough for cinematography . . but hey quite usable to share a scene with a friend or even a traffic accident investigation or looking for lost cattle maybe.
upload_2017-8-22_13-55-32.png

upload_2017-8-22_13-56-4.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues