Phantom 4 stress crack

The technologies great but the build quality on Chinese products are questionable like the days when most plactic crap said "Made in Hong Kong" like the saying goes, slightly adapted but - you have a Chinese meal feel full but an hour later need another meal due to being hungry again. - you buy a DJI UAV its cracks so you end up buying another differant model but maybe the same problems sadly. Don't get me wrong l love P3P and Inspire V2.

I've never owned an R/C aircraft that did not develop cracks or other similar wear-n-tear over its lifetime.

I retired very few and flew them to expiration sort-of-speak.

The 'stress(es) to scale' are enormous. The field kit always had SuperGlue(Cyano) and 5-min epoxy at the ready.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
You're right. But not just p3. Dig deeper and you'll find my p2 stress crack threads. I have never crashed anything from DJI. But I had cracks in every single one. Can't somebody make a drone with a strong enough shell? I'm willing to pay two grand for a phantom that does not crack.
For $2000 you can buy an Inspire 1, no cracking problems with those.

Reactions: go fast and Bigdz
humpty dumpty loves dji
upload_2016-6-3_11-22-46.png

Maybe DJI just needs to discontinue the Phantoms and design something totally new from input from us fat wallet pilots. Love my P4 but getting boarded with the color and shape. Maybe something like the inspire, but a hex, a bit smaller, 360 degrees crash avoidence, retracts, redundancy gps, cool body, parachute, built in flir with the normal camera, all for under 1700.00. I know...Im dreaming.

I've never owned an R/C aircraft that did not develop cracks or other similar wear-n-tear over its lifetime.

I retired very few and flew them to expiration sort-of-speak.

The 'stress(es) to scale' are enormous. The field kit always had SuperGlue(Cyano) and 5-min epoxy at the ready.
And that is why quad like inspire and new yunee use fiber tube which is stronger and cheaper/much easier to replace

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bigdz
Maybe DJI just needs to discontinue the Phantoms and design something totally new from input from us fat wallet pilots. Love my P4 but getting boarded with the color and shape. Maybe something like the inspire, but a hex, a bit smaller, 360 degrees crash avoidence, retracts, redundancy gps, cool body, parachute, built in flir with the normal camera, all for under 1700.00. I know...Im dreaming.
sounds good

that's why I got a pumpkin to fly love the color

I feel the Phantom is the perfect shape & size. Small enough to fit in an airline-stowable case or backpack & great for taking to remote locales. OA is for rookies & retractable gear is just something else to break.

I feel the Phantom is the perfect shape & size. Small enough to fit in an airline-stowable case or backpack & great for taking to remote locales. OA is for rookies & retractable gear is just something else to break.

Exactly what I've always thought as well. I'm new to UAV operation but as soon as I saw the retractable landing gear I thought it has the potential for problems. The more complicated moving parts there are in operation, the more complicated moving parts there are to fail.

Exactly what I've always thought as well. I'm new to UAV operation but as soon as I saw the retractable landing gear I thought it has the potential for problems. The more complicated moving parts there are in operation, the more complicated moving parts there are to fail.
Yes, but I got to say the way Inspire retracts looks really cool.

To reduce the possibility of encountering stress crack, the Phantom 3 has (not from DJI) plates to put under the motor/frame for added reinforcement. Is there anything for the P4 you guys are utilizing?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl